Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
hawaiian808
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well 6 months ago i got into an accident and then it happened again today this morning. a dodge ram was exiting 564 interstate here in virginia and i guess she made a really hard turn when all of a sudden her front left tire just came off and started rolling down the interstate.i was in the middle lane and of all those cars going 75 mph on the right lane,it got me.so my front,side fender,rim,and headlights were fucked.i called her insurance and they told me that they cant pay for the damage instead to call my insurance and they have to pay for it.since i got a 1000 dollar deductible i have to pay for that to get it fix.is there anyway the other party could pay for it so that way i dont have to take out money on my own pocket?her insurance said that its not their fault cause theyre tire is not really tight and some shit....i think this is fucking stupid cause if it werent for their dumbass this shit would have never occur at the first place and now i have to pay for the damage that they have cause.can anyone help me here so i could fight this shit i really dont want to pay.

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
wtf? its not your fault her time came loose. i'd sue if i were you.

·
hawaiian808
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
her claim rep called me back and said that i can't file my claim through theres because its nobodys fault. should i get a lawyer so i could fight for this shit?

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
if the tire hit you you file it through your insurance its a comp claim it WILL NOT hurt your insurance rates at all. and if you have a 1k deductible on comp you are not smart lower that shit it does not give you cheaper rates.

·
Registered
978 Posts
your insurance should take care of it. they would contact the other party insurance and do everything for you. thats how it works with my insurance.

·
G - Monay
4,209 Posts
hell naw her insurance are ass holes........ like some ppl already said..... contact your insurance and see wut can they do and if anything just hire a lawyer and sue they asses....dont let those faggets talk u into its your fault and dont b dumb and pay anything outta your own pocket.......

·
hawaiian808
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im getting my estimate from the dealership today and my insurance suppose to call me today and find out whats going to happen.i will not spend my money for something they have cause.thats bs.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Please keep us posted :thumbsup:

Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard... Care to tell us what insurance company she is with?

Hopefully your insurance company will handle it for you... Otherwise get a lawyer.

EDIT: Oh and be sure to DOCUMENT everything you can throughout the entire process

·
hawaiian808
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the advice and yes i will keep you guys posted about this shit.

she has usaa and i got allstate.hopefully my insurance will help me fight this battle against the other party cause i really dont want to pay for their own damage that they have cause in my car.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i dunno about your insurance but my insurance AAA. If i were to get into an accident today my fault or not i would have my car in the shop tomorrow. the shop would start the repairs while my insurance file a claim with the other party insurance and take car of everything. Then all i have to do is wait till the shop is done and pick up my car. thats all nothing to worrie about or do.

·
58,456 Posts
that is stupid as fuck..hope you get it sorted out quick

that doesnt make any sense.. unless they are saying i can ride in a truck with a tire in the bed and throw it at someone elses car and that would be there fault.. lol

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
thanks for all the advice and yes i will keep you guys posted about this shit.

she has usaa and i got allstate.hopefully my insurance will help me fight this battle against the other party cause i really dont want to pay for their own damage that they have cause in my car.
Talk to you're Ins Co and they will go after her Ins Co for you.
You seriously shouldn't have to pay a dime! Like if a ladder falls off of someones truck in front of you and it hits your vehicle, they are responsible for that. I don't see how this is really any different.

They're denying a claim sounds like a typical insurance company response when they would have to pay out. They're hoping you don't take it any further since they said you couldn't make a claim against them, and you just pay for the damage yourself.

·
Drive It Like U Stole It
801 Posts
As a law student (about to graduate in a year).....her actions constitute negligence per se (Res Ipsa Loquitor -- The action speaks for itself)....driving is a privilege and you have to make sure that your car is in running order when you get on the road (i.e. no cracked windshield, brakes that work, etc.). If you get on the road and your failure to be reasonably prudent with your car care causes someone else harm, at no fault of their own, then you have a right to claim damages. Go to small claims court...this seems like an open and shut case...might i suggest Judge Joe Brown.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.