1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
sCrEwEd.BoOsT.ShE.sCrEeMz
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

This is my first review ever so bare with me haha, also
I'm in no way affiliated with Acuity instruments!!!Now with that said,

I just want to share my positive experience, I first heard about the Acuity Hall Effect TPS I had no clue of its existence, so right away I googled it and found nothing anywhere and found that weird, then I just realized it must be a new product? Anyways I thought I would pass the word because this hall pass tps is state of the art IMHO :thumbsup:

Long story short after I installed my new

-mercracing inlet w/74mm opening
-skunk2 74mm tb
-mr.tps sensor

I was having problems getting my car to idle properly and when I did all it would take is me to just feather tap my gas pedal and boom idle surge, there is way more to my tps problem, but I am not getting into it here, an ya so I must of calibrated the tps a dozen times back probing and thru kpro, I just couldn't get it to work properly unfortunately :( I think I might of received a defective tps or damaged one in transit since the parcel was kind of roughed up, and was shipped to shipping center close to border, so not much I could do but accept parcel that had been delivered about a week before that to the shipping center. Oh well no big deal I thought at the time and installed it anyways.

I just found out about Acuity maybe 3 weeks ago give or take and the price was awesome, plus the Acuity rep was very knowledgeable and friendly :thumbsup: I picked up both

Acuity # 1879-A hall effect tps sensor (comes w/ 2 Philips mounting screws)
Acuity # 1875 Calibration harness

I grabbed the harness for simplicity, plus I needed an extension :)

I installed this Acuity 2 days ago, which took me no more than 5 min. if that, I can not be happier :laughing: My car drives a whole lot smoother and no more idle surge. I set my idle at 1000rpm and im extremely happy with my Acuity TPS and recommend it to anyone. Also for anyone that has no idea how to calibrate, they have a great DIY on their website @acuityinstuments.com/1879-install

Enjoy!

Note-
I think Mr.tps sensor is probably the best wiper style tps for the kseries, but I was just unfortunate in getting either a defective or damaged one in transit :dontknow: I do plan to send it back to Mr.tps to see if I can get it fixed under warranty so I can use it on my other kseries. I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing it in anyway because I'm not and its just the tps I happen to be running, decided to go with a newer technology style tps.

I will post an updated pic with the Acuity tps installed on my car tomorrow :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking guys, all comments welcome :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i got this tps a month ago...and i got to say i like it...car run so much better...:thumbsup:
Glad you guys had a positive experience! Amazing what a a new, upgraded TPS can do for drive-ability, isn't it? It's reviews like these that makes designing upgrades for production cars more rewarding than designing F1 and LMP1 parts. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
would this improve sensitivity on stock throttle body?
Short Answer: yes, it's possible.

Long Answer: The type of throttle body really doesn't matter. You can have an OEM throttle body or aftermarket throttle body and you will see the same benefit from the TPS. What matters is the TPS you're running before switching to ours. Chances are, if you have anything other than a good-condition OEM TPS, you are going to see an improvement in idle, tip-in, and throttle response by switching to our Hall-Effect TPS. The reason our Hall-Effect TPS will affect these factors has more to do with TPS signal integrity than anything else. The ACUITY Hall-Effect TPS has a smoother, less noisy, more consistent voltage output to the ECU than the older resistor-based TPS designs. This improved signal allows the ECU to switch between cells in fuel tables less erratically, which in turn makes the engine run more smoothly.

·
sCrEwEd.BoOsT.ShE.sCrEeMz
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ See all that right there i noticed right away after I installed it and so far so good, plus the calibration harness is also great. To be honest it pretty much felt like I uploading a new revision or something LoL thats how smooth it was. I was actually quite shocked :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you have to make or buy a gasket as well?
Shot you a PM. :thumbsup: The ACUITY TPS has a built in rubber gasket in place of the fragile OEM style paper gasket. No paper gasket should be needed.

·
04-Integra-Type-S
892 Posts
Just bought one to try it out. My OE has been rock solid but I'll keep it as a backup now.
i had mine for a while now w/ zero problem...u wont be disappointed...especially the price is good too...i was gonna get the k tuned tps but the price is out of my budget and i heard sometime the k tuned tps dont work properly...i not trying to hate on k tuned here like i said it out of my budget range or i would of jump on it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed my Acuity tps onto a ktuned throttle body along with rbc mani. Everything was straightforward, and the harness made it very easy to calibrate. Getting tuned today. Thanks Acuity!
Awesome. :thumbsup:. We love those calibration harnesses too. When we went to design the TPS, we were really surprised nothing like it existed already. Thanks for the kind words, and good luck with the tune! :giggity:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have to get the harness to calibrate or can you just calibrate it through kpro?
You can calibrate with K Pro, just like any other TPS. We made the calibration harness for guys with stock ECU's that have to calibrate mechanically. We did a lot of testing on bone stock RSX's to make sure this was a good option for those guys too. But yeah, just bolt it on and calibrate on K Pro, and you're good to go! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Awesome. :thumbsup:. We love those calibration harnesses too. When we went to design the TPS, we were really surprised nothing like it existed already. Thanks for the kind words, and good luck with the tune! :giggity:
Tune went very well. my tuner fine tuned the tps and my acceleration is smooth as ice. Thanks again for an amazing product at a great price, Acuity!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.