Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Give It A Spin
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone go to the dealer to get a complete Acura quality detail? I'm lazy and hate doing all that myself.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
come on thats where all the fun is to do it urself!!...but if ur lazy like u say so then get someone to do it....iv heard dealerships dont do as well as shops that strictly do car details...if i was u i would take it to a shop not dealer

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I took my car in once and they got it mixed up and did the full detail instead of the wash. Luckily I didn't have to pay for it, but I was not impressed with the results. They also left some small surface scratches from the waxing job. A few minutes of bitching resulted in them polising the entire car back to new

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
The Rt 9 dealership over here has a specific part of the garage that has a full staff of professional detailers. They do a GREAT job. They know everyhing about the car and what to do to avoid scratching your paint.

I learned today that with the type s blue rsx's that the paint will scratch even with your nails [this is because scratches are easy to see on blue just like black] It was amazing how the paint scratched so easily!

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
Herb Connolly

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
id go to a detailer . . .

no question . . .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes go to a detailer, I wouldn't go to the Acura dealership, well not around Gaithersburg Md. They detailed my car and left about a 1 foot x 1 foot area on my door untouched. God I was pissed.

They just suck

·
Registered
637 Posts
Homer2 said:
id go to a detailer . . .

no question . . .
NO DOUBT! Avoid the dealership detailers like the plague. I see them everyday and I can tell you that there is NOT ONE in the memphis area that I would recommend to anyone. Volume and low pay just kills their attitude, combine that with a lack of knowledge and passion about paint care and you have yourself a disaster. Just my .02

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
detailer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts