1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
The article says "Rankings are based on a blind telephone survey conducted last month to judge how consumers perceive industry brands on performance, safety, quality, value, performance, environmental friendliness, design and technical innovation."

I guess I shouldn't have hung on them when they called........

·
Master of bators.
2,091 Posts
yeah seriously. the types of people who actually agree to a phone survey arent who i would consider taking car advice from.

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
“When you think of performance, what car best typifies to you performance?”

I'm sure Acura wasn't mentioned in that category. tho I'm more surprised that ford, chevy and GMC finished on top of nissan.

theres no more new RSX or NSX so...

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
The people that look at buying an RSX don't give a fuck how the brand is perceived. The greater majority of them know its a Honda anyway.

That said, IMO Acura as a brand is fucked in the head. I could care less if it were gone tomorrow primarily because it seems as though its holding the Honda brand back.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
The article says "Rankings are based on a blind telephone survey conducted last month to judge how consumers perceive industry brands on performance, safety, quality, value, performance, environmental friendliness, design and technical innovation."

I guess I shouldn't have hung on them when they called........
lol, nice, who gives a shit about surveys anyway?

·
[[[[!]]]]
1,681 Posts
lol, nice, who gives a shit about surveys anyway?
:rotfl:

Funny enough, I kind of have to give a shit about surveys. I work for a company that conducts surveys for Health Insurance Co's, Doctors Offices, Hospitals, Government Agencies, etc. I just work in IT though, but I fuckin ♥ surveys. :)

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
Not surprising to me considering their lack of appeal in the luxury car market. If I were ever going to buy an upscale car that was $40k + an Acura would be the absolute last on my list.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Will not affect the resale one bit.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not surprising to me considering their lack of appeal in the luxury car market. If I were ever going to buy an upscale car that was $40k + an Acura would be the absolute last on my list.
Honda was the first of the Japanese to come out with teh Luxury marquee yet many would consider them semi-luxury compared to brands like Lexus/Infiniti. Right now, they have no direction and seems completely lost. Instead of listening to what consumers want, they tell them what they want.

How there is no V8 or RWD Acura just blows my mind away. How can anyone take them seriously in the luxury market when all their vehicle are FWD and or FW-biased SH-AWD and $50k for a V6 (the poor selling RL)? Hyundai will have a V8 before Acura.

The S2k is coming to an end and we're not hearing anything credible abotu its replacement, the NSX replacement is so far behind the best they can show us is a S2k mule :thumbsdow Given us the Mugen Si/S2k CR :rolleyes:

Personally, I can care less about "image" and would buy an Acura again if they came out with RWD coupe. But right now, they have nothing I want (BMW has the 135/335i, Infiniti has G37, Lexus has IS-350/F).

·
Registered
972 Posts
Honda was the first of the Japanese to come out with teh Luxury marquee yet many would consider them semi-luxury compared to brands like Lexus/Infiniti. Right now, they have no direction and seems completely lost. Instead of listening to what consumers want, they tell them what they want.

How there is no V8 or RWD Acura just blows my mind away. How can anyone take them seriously in the luxury market when all their vehicle are FWD and or FW-biased SH-AWD and $50k for a V6 (the poor selling RL)? Hyundai will have a V8 before Acura.

The S2k is coming to an end and we're not hearing anything credible abotu its replacement, the NSX replacement is so far behind the best they can show us is a S2k mule :thumbsdow Given us the Mugen Si/S2k CR :rolleyes:

Personally, I can care less about "image" and would buy an Acura again if they came out with RWD coupe. But right now, they have nothing I want (BMW has the 135/335i, Infiniti has G37, Lexus has IS-350/F).
i totally agree with this. luxury cars should come in rwd platform not fwd..and it totally blows how they are not going to be match the new models that come out in late 08. i would love to see an rwd v8 acura coupe. at a reasonable price

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
I plan on buying, so if that survey actually matters to people then it will be in my favor. the RL wont go for anything anyway.

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts

So true. If they wanted to have one fwd car in their luxury lineup that would be ok, but literally every car is that way and their sales keep dropping. Coincidence?

They make nice cars, no denying that, but they just dont drive like proper luxury cars should. My TL drove me nuts, it would have made such a great rwd car!

i totally agree with this. luxury cars should come in rwd platform not fwd..and it totally blows how they are not going to be match the new models that come out in late 08. i would love to see an rwd v8 acura coupe. at a reasonable price
:thumbsup:

If acura had a rwd type of TL, you could count me in!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the TL that is probably my all time favorite car. But what has been said already is true. Fwd cars are a thing of the past. I dont understand why they wouldnt have a RWD coupe. The only sports car they had left in the RSX they got rid of. Honda has barely changed the s2k since its release. I love the Acura brand I think their cars and suvs look great. But they need to get with the times and give us what we want. I know the dealership over where I live a few months ago had sold 18 cars for the entire month. That is pitiful especially when It is in San Diego.

·
:)
15,564 Posts
yeh, who cares... LOL

·
140 lb-ft of fury
1,553 Posts
I'm sure it was caused by the angry ones of us on here that received poor customer satisfaction from the service department. I know I thought it was worth answering the survey and I gave negative feedback when they called me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts