Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
noob
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, sorry if this is a repost, but i did search when i was looking for cheap touch up paint for my car, but couldnt find it, so heres some info in case anyone else was in the same situation as me:

I couldnt find touch up paint for my car except on ebay, and it was way overpriced for paint that i just wanted to use to fix some tiny little rock chips that i had on my hood and bumper. I searched the forum to see where other people were getting their paint from, and could find very little people posting about it except for a few that said that paintscratch.com was good, and they made any color paint, so i checked it out, and for half an oz, it was 15 dollars. I have also heard about some pens that come with clearcoat. anyway long story short, i looked harder and found that some sites that sold oem Acura parts sold OEM paint from Acura, for various cars, but couldnt find it for my color (desert silver metallic). Eventually i found that curry acura parts has a system of finding and ordering parts for part numbers, so what i did was plug in the part number for the acura paint of another color, and i changed the color code to my color code 08703YR534MAAPN, and searched for the item, and to my surprise, it showed it as a paint. so i ordered it, total came out to $5.99 shipped to my door, came within 3-4 days and i got it this morning and on the label, it says Desert Silver Metallic. so long story short, for those who want oem factory paint from Acura, but cant find it in their color, just find a site that you can order parts by part number, and put in that part number, and replace the red part with the color code of your car.

note: the touch up paint does not come with clearcoat, and is only half an oz each.

there might be better alternatives out there if you are looking for an all in one solution, or need more paint for your car, but I just thought id share what I found and try to save some people the trouble I had trying to get paint to fix up some very minor rock chips.

·
Man ah Badman
1,341 Posts
I found a b520 (vbp) pen on ebay for 10 bucks...and one side was the touch up paint and the other was a clear coat...seemed preetty kool

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used this site for paint on previous cars, matched great on my rx7 and pretty good price you can get your paint from everything from a pen to aerosol can to a ready to spray quart can.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/
Thank you for the suggestion. I just placed an order now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts