Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, so I went to use the factory tire iron from the trunk to loosen my stock lugs and had no luck. Would a 4-way wrench help out a lot? or should I try something else. I don't have access to an impact wrench at the moment. please help!

·
pipes
641 Posts
Get a gym membership and try again in like 6 months...

J/K

I'd do like stylesp said take it back to acura, especially if they over stressed the lugs cause at least if one snaps they'll be the one to do it ot you...

good luck man

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Go back to Acura and ask the service manager to loosen the lugs by hand in front of you.

If and when he can't, ask him if he believes that they are torqued to the required 80lb/ft.

Yet another reason I do the majority of the work on my cars.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
I'll use the tire iron, but i always use it with my foot. a good body-weight kick will loosen just about anything

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
I'll use the tire iron, but i always use it with my foot. a good body-weight kick will loosen just about anything
also a good way to snap them off

·
YUMADTHO
5,261 Posts
Buy a breaker bar and a deep 19mm socket. Hold it parallel to the ground, put some or all of your weight into it (not all of it if you're 200+) and give it some downward pushes; not with all your might but just by using the weight of your body and shoulder strength. If it still doesn't come off, the dipshit at the Acura dealer went spazzo with his impact wrench and you should take it back and crack some skulls...or at least demand a free tire rotation/oil change or something.

·
<3 Bridget Regan
3,842 Posts
Buy a breaker bar and a deep 19mm socket. Hold it parallel to the ground, put some or all of your weight into it (not all of it if you're 200+) and give it some downward pushes; not with all your might but just by using the weight of your body and shoulder strength. If it still doesn't come off, the dipshit at the Acura dealer went spazzo with his impact wrench and you should take it back and crack some skulls...or at least demand a free tire rotation/oil change or something.
:iamwiths:

But even a impact gun wouldnt have made it that tight... unless it was on the highest torque power....

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
too bad very few places just do it right. a torque wrench takes like what 1 minute longer? so if they did 15 cars thats 15 extra minutes a day to do the job completely right? so sad :run:

Acura/Honda works on the policy better too tight then too loose....o well

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah they did the same shit to my set up, it makes this TING TING TATATINGTING if you try to loosen em up, I got em off.. but just mention it the the team manager, but as always they'll act like they care, FUCK acura service :)

·
Spooling 2.0
1,169 Posts
My old car the shop tightened the lugs to tight and i had a flat and was unable to get lugs off....It was a pain in the ass in the middle of winter, had to call them to come get them off

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
i stepped on mine for not that long and i snapped off 2 studs. I dont way much neither when i stepped on them i ws prolly only 115

·
:)
15,563 Posts
make sure ur turning counterclock wise! One time, i couldn't get it off and then realized I was turning it clockwise! Lol Duh!

·
:)
15,563 Posts
and make sure to jack the car up alittle to take stress off of studs when loosening!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts