Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Batman
1,088 Posts
Here is Acura's push button shifter. What do you think?

only problem i have with it is that if for what ever reason the car stays stuck accelerating, it'll take a second or two more to press that small ass N button. Those 1-2 seconds could be the difference between no accident and a major one.

Other than that, very innovative and sleek.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
only problem i have with it is that if for what ever reason the car stays stuck accelerating, it'll take a second or two more to press that small ass N button. Those 1-2 seconds could be the difference between no accident and a major one.

Other than that, very innovative and sleek.
Why wouldn't you just push the brake pedal? Perfect for an auto. I drove a Dodge Ram for work that had a turn knob on the dash to shift from P-R-N-D. When I got in I was like "what the fuck" but after a day or two I didn't even notice it. People won't like this at first because it is a little different, but it should be fine for a sedan type vehicle.

·
Mechanic
341 Posts
Dash, ok. tunnel, not so much.

With how many times I've spilled my coffee in that location, I'd hate to think of what might happen if the electronics got coffee-logged...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Buttons are only on the v6s. 2.4l TLXs have a tradition shifter. It has paddles, they're standard on Acuras now.

My only issue with the buttons is that it will automatically go into park when you open the door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts