Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I got my Eclipse HU installed, I was wondering how the installers tapped into the Front and Rear speakers to amplify them. Is the basic setup, plugging the stock audio wiring harness into the head unit, and then you tap into the HU's interconnecting wires to the corresponding speaker, and route those wires to the back of the amplifier and then reverse the process with the RCA wires from the amp to the HU? If this is the case, there would be no reason to put wires through the door panels or route to the rear, correct?

Also is there any power and ground blocks recommended here? If the Amps are a total of a 4 channel 300 RMS and 500 RMS monoblock (both Class D amps), would a capacity be required or just recommended?

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
????????????
I can't understand anything but the last question, I think.

If you are asking about a Capacitor, you don't need one in an RSX, I am running 900RMS total with no problem.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically how is it that the fronts+rears are powered to amplifier? Is it this way:

1) Plug Factory Speaker Harness in Aftermarket Head Unit
2) Connect all four channels of Speaker Wire to HU's interconnecting wiring leads
3) Route those speaker wires to amplifier
4) Run RCA speaker signal cable from amp to HU

Someone must know this. Basically if this is correct, no need to tap into the wiring through the doors or rear panels.

·
Logical Progression
3,201 Posts
if your going to amplify speakers your going to need to run wiring. u dont need a cap they are a waste of money

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I understand I need to run wiring, but can I do this from the HU input or output wires instead of directly taping into the speakers themselves (ie getting into the door panels). Basically, I am trying to understand whether the signal is amplified before it reaches the HU or Afterward. Someone must know what I am referring to.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Not knowing how it was wired i'd say whoever wired the setup tapped the factory wires to the speakers for the amp and used them which is something I would never do as the factory lines are to small for real amps..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts