Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the greddy turbo kit isn't as complete as a kit when compared to cybernation. What parts can be added to the greddy kit to make the kit more complete and safer???

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah, if you look in the sticky thread about the GReddy kit, Greddy R&D mentions an upgrade kit that could include an E-manage with more boost and larger injectors.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
i'd get oil pressure as well, but most gauge pillar only house 3 gauges. EGT is much needed cause you wanna see if you are running too hot or not......

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
yeh im going with boost,a/f,oil pressure, and egt.....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So you suggest boost, AFR, and EGT? How do you read a EGT gauage? I saw them online, what's good and what's bad?

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
The GReddy kit is gonna be upgradable from what i understand. The kit only needs the BOV W/Flange, Boost gauge, A/F ratio gauge, oil pressure gauge and EGT gauge, and the Front Mount InterCooler. nothing else is needed, it is a complete bolt on kit. Oil Pressure is as important as the EGT, if something where to happen to the oil pressure, the turbo could be starved of oil and will burn up, not to mention head not getting enough oil and other related problems.

Now for added power mods for the kit, a good test pipe, custom 3in exhaust or wait for GReddy's new EVO Titianium Turbo Exhaust for the RSX. The optional Profec E-01 for the Emanage so it can be custom tuned and add boost with new fuel and ignition maps for the added boost.

And changing the plugs to a colder plug is a must, with the correct gap. .028-.032.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Couldn't you tell if you were running too hot by the water temp gauge beside the tachometer?

·
2,524 Posts
no, thats only for the engine coolant temp, the exhaust gasses are severly affected by the addition of a turbo, the gasses not only heat everything up but the turbo shaft itself can be spinning as much as 75,000 RPM's...that alone creates alot of heat. So thew EGT has to be watched if the car is at WOT for a long period of time...like running the 1/4 a bunch of times back to back, or racing someone on high speed long duration runs. Things heat up really fast in there and it has to be monitered, plus can be used as a sign of fuel problems if the gasses are too hot or colder than usual.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I might get the AFR, oil pressure, and EGT on the pillar and put the boost on the steering column..that might look pretty cool, but wow...too many gauges.

·
2,524 Posts
yeah..placement is Key, on my pillar it goes like this.....on the top it's the A/F, then middle is Boost/vacume, then bottom is oil pressure....i have yet to figure out a place for the EGT, it's not hooked up right now. i kinda want it on the steering wheel, but not sure yet, gotta figure out where i want my profec E-01 too!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You don't need some of those gauges with the Profec, do you? Can't the Profec display pretty much anything?

·
2,524 Posts
yeah, but not everything at once. I think it can display up to three different things at once...let me see...be back in a sec

·
2,524 Posts
The data display can view 3 different data channels simultaneously; like Boost, RPM, or any other channel inputted by the emanage.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think I'm just going to stick with the pillar pod for now and get AFR, boost, and oil pressure. I think the oil pressure gauge is more important and I really doubt you'll have overheating issues unless you drive it to hard for too long. Besides you have to leave something for the future. If the oil pressure drops and it starves the turbo of oil...bye bye.

·
2,524 Posts
emfollin said:
Besides you have to leave something for the future. If the oil pressure drops and it starves the turbo of oil...bye bye.
thats what i'm sayin'!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
hey team, can the profec display egt readings? I havent hooked mine up yet

·
2,524 Posts
i think the Profec will only read input channels from what ever the emanage gets from the ecu harness, which does not include the EGT. That is a aftermarket option and requires an additional sensor to be installed on the exhaust manifold. This is the Profec E-01 mind you. Not the Profec Bspec II. Only the E-01 has these capabilities.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts