Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out using the new DIGITAL adjustable HID ballast technology coupled with 55w HID bulbs:
30w -

35w -

40w -

45w -

50w -

And to directly compare 30w vs. 50w -

The demonstration was performed using infinite FX projectors and 55w DIGITAL D2S bulbs, however the results will also work on any DIGITAL 55w bulbs application.

Very cool really, the ballasts are controlled via remote controller that can either be used as a set and remove feature, or routed through the firewall and used on the fly.

·
06 JGM Type S
1,271 Posts
Something like the WRX STi where it dims the light output? I dont know how the system works though.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That's pretty cool. But I don't understand why you would want to dim your headlight output?

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something like the WRX STi where it dims the light output? I dont know how the system works though.
That's pretty cool. But I don't understand why you would want to dim your headlight output?
Dimming halogen lamps to use for DRL is common, this is for HID however.

Changing the output gives flexibility between the city streets and driving down country roads, some people just want/need that flexibility. There are a lot of people who contemplate 35w vs. 55w in the DIGITAL brand, now they can get both in one kit basically. Primarily is the concern that they need the extra output to see critters on the side of the road but not bother other drivers wehn not in the sticks. We had people asking us about this type of technology years ago actually, so it has its crowd.

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
very interesting. i agree that it seems kinda useful. 35w for city driving and 55w theres like no light and no cars around. 55w in the city is blinding when they're not in projectors o__o

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very interesting. i agree that it seems kinda useful. 35w for city driving and 55w theres like no light and no cars around. 55w in the city is blinding when they're not in projectors o__o
Even more so the lower is only 30w, the upper is 50w

·
Registered
856 Posts
Does this use a separate control? Or could it be tied to the high beams so that they go to high power when high beams are on? Would suck to have to adjust two controls every time another car is coming.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does this use a separate control? Or could it be tied to the high beams so that they go to high power when high beams are on? Would suck to have to adjust two controls every time another car is coming.
It is a seperate control, however with a little work we can probably get it rigged up the way you describe, sans the controller.
Here is what the controller looks like for reference:

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Dimming halogen lamps to use for DRL is common, this is for HID however.

Changing the output gives flexibility between the city streets and driving down country roads, some people just want/need that flexibility. There are a lot of people who contemplate 35w vs. 55w in the DIGITAL brand, now they can get both in one kit basically. Primarily is the concern that they need the extra output to see critters on the side of the road but not bother other drivers wehn not in the sticks. We had people asking us about this type of technology years ago actually, so it has its crowd.
Huh, I was going to ask what's the point, but that answered it.

·
Elite
7,105 Posts
i didn't think anybody would be interested until todd mentioned that there is a crowd interested.

i have the 55w w/o projectors and i aim them slightly lower than they are supposed to be. have them for 2 months now; never been high beamed or pulled over. driven behind friends and even they didn't complain.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i didn't think anybody would be interested until todd mentioned that there is a crowd interested.

i have the 55w w/o projectors and i aim them slightly lower than they are supposed to be. have them for 2 months now; never been high beamed or pulled over. driven behind friends and even they didn't complain.
Yup, we literally had people asking us to do this for years now, and the people that have absolutely love it.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
It is a seperate control, however with a little work we can probably get it rigged up the way you describe, sans the controller.
Here is what the controller looks like for reference:
hmm....you've got my interest now :)

·
DC5-R (車両型式に&#1
2,744 Posts
man i was going to order this but i ordered the 55w already :p cant wait for it to come thanks todd

1 - 20 of 33 Posts