Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran my car at the track yesteday expecting to hit mid-high 14's.
i was only able to run twice...and was not successful.

MODS: V2, VAFC-II (presetted), Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Exhaust
VTEC was set to 5600 rpms with VAFC-II.

1st run:
R/T - .400
60' - 2.527
330 - 6.625
1/8 - 10.048
MPH - 71.85
1000 - 12.966
1/4 - 15.403
MPH - 94.63

2nd run:
R/T - .213
60' - 2.460
330 - 6.573
1/8 - 9.888
MPH - 74.24
1000 - 12.728
1/4 - 15.120
MPH - 96.29

on the first run i had lost a lot of traction when launching (@4500 rpms). i had feathered the clutch until i felt the tires grip the pavement but still had minor wheel spin when i floored it afterwards. getting traction shifting into 2nd was kinda bad too. messed up going into third. my 1st run for 04' basically sucked ass!

2nd run...wheel spin was HORRIFIC!!! i had tried launching at the same rpms as before. i had loss traction when i hit VTEC so to gain traction i decided to slightly let go of the gas. bad idea. i bogged...and my tires finally gripped @ 4k :(. everything afterwards was kosher.

weather condition: 45-50 degrees; windy
tire pressure: 30 psi (i should've lowered it)

i hate my tires :jigglemad !!!

this is what i got on my 2nd run last fall
R/T - 1.294
60' - 2.403
330 - 6.488
1/8 - 9.792
MPH - 74.39
1000 - 12.630
1/4 - 15.044
MPH - 93.12

being that this had been my 2nd time running...i had problems with my launch. i didn't have as much traction issues as the two runs i did yesterday though.

MODS: V2, VAFC-II (installed only/didn't preset), Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Exhaust

weather condition: 40 degrees

tire pressure: 28 psi

-i know i should definitely lower the tire pressure...but to what pressure?
-at what rpms should i launch at?
-i got 14k miles on my front tires, should i switch them with the rear ones?

jus was just wanted to see if i could get some suggestions or comments based on wat i ran.
oh...and sorry for making this long :D

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Most people put the tire pressure more towards the low 20's or even high teens. Your 60 fts are what is killing you. Get some ES MM's too help fight the wheel hop. If you can get those 60's down to 2.2 or so you'll be well into the 14's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
lower your tire pressure and when you launch feather your clutch from about 4k and keep it at 4k while your feathering it and when it hooks slam it and youll get a better 60' oh and by the way 20 psi in the fronts and like 35-40 in the rearr works better for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll definitely lower both front tire pressure to 20 psi if i run at the track with my stock tires again. i plan on getting better tires after i purchase new rims, which will be soon.

pints99 - how much do the ES MM go for? i'll probably consider them.

slvrrsx1 - what mods do you currently have? what were your times?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
get es mm they are $30 from the clubrsx store

·
Registered
148 Posts
l1dArK20l said:
i'll definitely lower both front tire pressure to 20 psi if i run at the track with my stock tires again. i plan on getting better tires after i purchase new rims, which will be soon.

pints99 - how much do the ES MM go for? i'll probably consider them.

slvrrsx1 - what mods do you currently have? what were your times?
my current mods oare I/H/E with hondata and i ran a 14.5 which was my 2nd time at the track but I have gotten better at launch on the street and i plan on hitting 13's when I go back next time

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
launching at 4500 rpms on stock tires :eek: the first time i hit 14.9 i launched at 2500 rpms.

my mods at the time were:
v2 intake
fujitsubo exhaust
stock tires

try launching at a lower rpm and put your tire pressure to 23psi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oni187 said:
launching at 4500 rpms on stock tires :eek: the first time i hit 14.9 i launched at 2500 rpms.

my mods at the time were:
v2 intake
fujitsubo exhaust
stock tires

try launching at a lower rpm and put your tire pressure to 23psi
wouldn't launching at 2500 rpms cause the car to bog? i've seen other driver's at the track with rsxs' launch 3500-4k+ rpms.
like i said b4 i will MOST DEFINITELY lower my tire pressure to 20 psi.
thanx fer the feedback

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
l1dArK20l said:
wouldn't launching at 2500 rpms cause the car to bog? i've seen other driver's at the track with rsxs' launch 3500-4k+ rpms.
like i said b4 i will MOST DEFINITELY lower my tire pressure to 20 psi.
thanx fer the feedback
i havent had that problem. its just are stock tires suck so bad when launching anything over 3gs all you do is sit and spin :jigglemad . the best thing for you to do is go on a day when its not that crowded and see what works. For when i had my stockies it was 23psi and a 25g launch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oni187 said:
i havent had that problem. its just are stock tires suck so bad when launching anything over 3gs all you do is sit and spin :jigglemad . the best thing for you to do is go on a day when its not that crowded and see what works. For when i had my stockies it was 23psi and a 25g launch.
i'll make sure to go there earlier than this past weekend...was only able to run twice. if i can get enough runs, i'll try your method. :thumbsup:

·
^^^given slave name
18,454 Posts
slip the clutch more, stock tires on a RSX suck ballz...but if you lower the tire pressure too much then your trap speed is going to suffer. In my R, I launch at 6,500 rpms and get no wheel spin, but Im running yoko avs es100s (these tires rock) @ 32 psi., but I do get some mad wheel hop in 2nd and 3rd gear. I tried running 22psi and my 60ft times were better, but ran slower times since there was more rolling resistance with lower tire pressure. Practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
RedCelica said:
slip the clutch more, stock tires on a RSX suck ballz...but if you lower the tire pressure too much then your trap speed is going to suffer. In my R, I launch at 6,500 rpms and get no wheel spin, but Im running yoko avs es100s (these tires rock) @ 32 psi., but I do get some mad wheel hop in 2nd and 3rd gear. I tried running 22psi and my 60ft times were better, but ran slower times since there was more rolling resistance with lower tire pressure. Practice, practice, practice.

well its obvious that he it was his first time at the track. concidering stock rsx-s runs a 15.1, and he doesnt have many mods, including the vafc2, which was set to normal. so basically all he has is an intake. at best i you would see 14.8's..maybe an occasional 14.6 but thats all depending on the drivers skill.

-Deven

1 - 15 of 15 Posts