Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A relative of mine has crashed his 2003 RSX Type-S that's been in the family since new. It was a front-end collision that damaged the hood, bumper, both fenders and radiator. Everything else is intact. The car is blue and has ~160k miles (although I'd have to check). It was in great running condition prior to the accident. We are still waiting on a repair estimate, but it'll most likely be > $5k, i.e. comparable to the book value of the car. I.e. it most likely doesn't make sense to fix it.

The owner (my relative) is not a car guy and doesn't want to spend time parting it out. At the same time, there are many good parts to be had and I feel bad if the just gives it to the body shop for $100 (hence, this post). Is there a better option? Would anyone on here be interested in buying it as a parts car? Are there any shops that might be interested?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Why not post it on CL or other market places, pretty sure you can get more than $100 for the car. The engine and tranny is worth a decent amount of money for those people that want to do K-swap. I think the car can fetch easily $1000 for the engine and tranny if not more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts