Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have:

-DC Sports TCS exhaust, and CAI
-AEM Fuel Rail, and pullies
-TODA Race Header
-ITR Intake Manifold

i wanna throw in a 50 shot...i've been reading through all the posts but i'm still not 100% on what i need and how it all works.

besides the bottle, lines, and obvious stuff included with a kit, i need a bottle heater, purge kit, remote bottle opener, WOT switch<--or does that come with the kit?

what exactly are the rpm pills, do they just set where you start and stop spraying?...if you have a WOT switch do you still need the pills?

·
Registered
865 Posts
WOT (wide open throttle) switch comes with the kit.
rpm pills are for the window switch which lets u spray at that certain rpm and stop at the rpm u set it at.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sensation612 said:
WOT (wide open throttle) switch comes with the kit.
rpm pills are for the window switch which lets u spray at that certain rpm and stop at the rpm u set it at.
so you have a choice between a window switch or a WOT? or do you need them both?

·
Registered
865 Posts
u don't need them both, but its good to have them both just for safety. i just have the WOT switch but i'm planning to get the window switch right after i get the purge kit

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll go from 50 shot to 75 shot in about 1 week, so go ahead and invest in some spark plugs Denso (IK24). I was planning on just running a safe 50 shot, but after about 3 runs, i wasn't satisfied with 50 so now I'm at 75 and lovin it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
865 Posts
RSX TypeSpeedy said:
I'm pretty sure you'll go from 50 shot to 75 shot in about 1 week, so go ahead and invest in some spark plugs Denso (IK24). I was planning on just running a safe 50 shot, but after about 3 runs, i wasn't satisfied with 50 so now I'm at 75 and lovin it. :thumbsup:
same here :spin:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
drizzo1234 said:
so you have a choice between a window switch or a WOT? or do you need them both?
WOT is required. you never wanna spray except when it's wide open.

edit: also, factor in the cost of gauges and such, the kit is no good without a accurate bottle pressure guage. Without one in your view, you're spraying blind. :shakehead

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WarmPepsi said:
WOT is required. you never wanna spray except when it's wide open.

edit: also, factor in the cost of gauges and such, the kit is no good without a accurate bottle pressure guage. Without one in your view, you're spraying blind. :shakehead
so can you guys tells me about how much am i looking to spend and some quality brands to choose for a 75 shot kit, window switch, rpm pills, purge kit, bottle heater, and all necessary gauges(and please list the gauges because i'm not even sure which ones i need) thanks a lot

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
drizzo1234 said:
so can you guys tells me about how much am i looking to spend and some quality brands to choose for a 75 shot kit, window switch, rpm pills, purge kit, bottle heater, and all necessary gauges(and please list the gauges because i'm not even sure which ones i need) thanks a lot
well, you're lookin to spend between 1000-1200 on just the wet kit w/ genx-2 upgrade (heater, purge, blow down line ).

pills and a rpm switch is gonna run like 125, nitrous guages vary in cost, but throwin down $150 - 200 isn't unheard of. Plus the pod to put it and any other gauge in ( i'm runnin n2o, fuel, and oil pressure. Thats gonna be 75 or so.

So basically, to do that, you're lookin at around 1500 with an empty bottle.

and thats not with a remote opener, which runs around 200 depending on which one you get.

so at rough prices, you're at 1700 with an uninstalled kit, and an empty bottle.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WarmPepsi said:
well, you're lookin to spend between 1000-1200 on just the wet kit w/ genx-2 upgrade (heater, purge, blow down line ).

pills and a rpm switch is gonna run like 125, nitrous guages vary in cost, but throwin down $150 - 200 isn't unheard of. Plus the pod to put it and any other gauge in ( i'm runnin n2o, fuel, and oil pressure. Thats gonna be 75 or so.

So basically, to do that, you're lookin at around 1500 with an empty bottle.

and thats not with a remote opener, which runs around 200 depending on which one you get.

so at rough prices, you're at 1700 with an uninstalled kit, and an empty bottle.
damn bro, you're right on top of your game...thanks a lot
~what is a blown down line?
~it seems that most everyone is running a NX kit right?...so that should be a good choice?
~who has the best prices...or should i just shop around

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
drizzo1234 said:
damn bro, you're right on top of your game...thanks a lot
~what is a blown down line?
~it seems that most everyone is running a NX kit right?...so that should be a good choice?
~who has the best prices...or should i just shop around
blow down line is a line that hooks up to the other side of your bottle..... if it ever gets above 1500 (or is it 3000) psi, it blows the seal and vents the bottle out of the car, rather than inside the car. it's required at most tracks if they know you're sprayin.

nx and nos are basically the same kit, in fact after seein nx's site recently, it almost looked like nos bought nx. (holley = company that owns nos, holley stuff is on nx's website. )

best prices? the online store sells nx stuff.

·
Registered
865 Posts
but it wouldn't be bad to get the kit used...just make sure everything necessary is there. i got my kit used and it saved me a whole lot of money

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
sensation612 said:
but it wouldn't be bad to get the kit used...just make sure everything necessary is there. i got my kit used and it saved me a whole lot of money
agreed, just make sure you have directions to wire it all up :laughing:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WarmPepsi said:
agreed, just make sure you have directions to wire it all up :laughing:
what about spark plugs...what names am i looking for with them?

can you run different cams with an ecu reflash while spraying?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
erm, no. reflash + nitrous = bad.

also, i'd be leary about usin a race header with n2o. the second o2 sim can screw with stuff.

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
i love my NX kit. looks great hooked up and setting up everything was so simple. took less than half a day.

also...i didn't see anything mentioned about the fuel pressure safety switch. that comes with the genx-2 kit. and it makes me feel alot more comfortable when im sprayin'. and is a nice thing to have.

·
Nobody knows but Jeebus..
14,888 Posts
I just want to bring this up, and if its stupid, oh well...but isn't this guy running lean with a Toda Race header and a ITR Intake mani? Is it a good idea to spray when/if you're already running lean?

I'm sorry, I know next to nothing about nitrous and I'd rather bring this point up and be corrected than not. Thanks

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
as my understanding of this issue goes, he doesn't have the reflash, which basically leans out the fuel maps.

hondata's reflash is whats causing cars to run lean w/ a race header.

·
Nobody knows but Jeebus..
14,888 Posts
Cool, thanks WarmPepsi for clarifying that one for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts