Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been getting/hearing mixed information about what i should run on my new suspension set up. i am going to run progress coilovers, and i ordered a SPC front and rear camber kit. I was told by someone to run -2.5 camber in front, but a friend of mine at work said thats much to extreme for a daily driver.

searching brings a lot of different opinions as well.

i want a nice ride, its a daily driver, much better handling then stock, and decent drop maybe 2 fingers in front 1 in rear.

what would be my best bet for camber settings and toe settings?

·
Slow in Fast out
2,884 Posts
-2.5 is too much for a DD, you won't be pushing the car hard enough to actually use the additional camber to your advantage. It will rather decrease your acceleration/deceleration capabilities and cause uneven tire wear overtime.

Anyways... just go with a basic high performance alignment:

Something around these lines:
FC: -1.5
FT: 1/32nd toe out
RC: -.75
RT: 1/32nd toe in

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mind you i will be doing no auto x just driving to and from work and school and pushing the envelope on random fun off ramps :)

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
i was just about to post up the same question dont mean to thread jack but, i just installed ksport coilovers on my car this afternoon, i have 0 fender gap in the front and maybe 1 finger gap in the rear, i will not be autocrossing this car but i think i am still going to run something like this

front camber -1 to -1.5
front toe 0

rear camber -.5 to -1
rear toe 0

will this setup help at all during my spirited country drives ?
or should i just set the camber to factory specs as well, i will be doing my own alignments so i have no problem changing specs as necessary

and by the way i know everyone hates on ksports but they feel 100 times better than the tein s-techs i had before

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
^

i was thinking of going with this as well for my street setup, the same "high performance setup" but with 0 toe instead so it will save my tires

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also when i get it aligned at the shop can they do corner weighting?

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
also when i get it aligned at the shop can they do corner weighting?
i dont think all shops do corner balancing*thinking thats what you meant*

and imo -2 front and -1 in the rear and 0 toe should be good enough for you stephen:bow:

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

and imo -2 front and -1 in the rear and 0 toe should be good enough for you stephen:bow:
yes master :thumbsup:

i trust ur advice before anyone elses at this point lol...btw i finally ordered my vibra mount from injen, about time :)

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

btw any recommendations then for an alignment shop? you probably dont know many in north county...

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

oh and i wont ruin my tires super fast with this setup?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
as stated before, toe is what kills your tires. so as long as you have 0 toe, don't worry too much.

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, understand, and corner balancing i understand is crucial with coilovers correct?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
no, corner balancing is only crucial if you're in hardcore racing. wouldn't matter on a DD

·
K24 > K20
4,605 Posts
no, corner balancing is only crucial if you're in hardcore racing. wouldn't matter on a DD
course it matters, some people dont set heights very evenly and it really screws with the cross corner weights. makes the car feel numb turning one way and edgy turning the other.

if your strapped for cash alignment is "mandatory", Corner balance is "great to have"

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
course it matters, some people dont set heights very evenly and it really screws with the cross corner weights. makes the car feel numb turning one way and edgy turning the other.

if your strapped for cash alignment is "mandatory", Corner balance is "great to have"
okay what i meant was with a perfect set height lol

1 - 20 of 64 Posts