Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2006 RSX Type-S with an AEM 22-505P Short ram intake on it. I looked up the part and it seems that the part is only for the base models. Would I be okay with running this short ram intake on the car or would I need to purchase the 22-506P that is recommended? I figured that the engines are identical so it wouldn’t be an issue but I just wanted to hear what others thought.

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's a metal tube with a filter. The Type S specific one is also a metal tube with a filter. That being said, i don't see why it wouldn't be ok to use it.

The engines are only identical externally by the way. People with A3's (me) wish they were identical...

·
9,306 Posts
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2006 RSX Type-S with an AEM 22-505P Short ram intake on it. I looked up the part and it seems that the part is only for the base models. Would I be okay with running this short ram intake on the car or would I need to purchase the 22-506P that is recommended? I figured that the engines are identical so it wouldn’t be an issue but I just wanted to hear what others thought.
Yes you will be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts