Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this because I hadn't seen it posted ever. This is in reguards to the AEM Dryflow Air Filter Cleaning Kit. The cleaning kit works good and cleans the filter well and is very easy to use, blah blah.

Heres a warning though, I cleaned mine and my girl's filters tonite, and after sitting outside in the sun for several hours they were still VERY damp. I went to bed(put the filters inside with fans on them) and hoped to hell they'd dry by morning so we could both actually drive our cars :D AEM said it would take an hour or so to dry, and they were serious about the "or so" as It took 3 hours in the sun after shaking them, they sat for 7 hours while I slept, and then I took a blow dryer on cool to them this morning for 30 minutes a piece and they were finally dry then. It seems odd to me because the old oiled filters seemed to dry MUCH faster.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Good to know. I plan on buying a Dryflow replacement when I need to clean my oiled one. I always like to have to so that I don't have to hurry cleaning one or the other.

1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thats good to know. I was alsot planning on getting a dryflow filter.. that really sucks that it takes soooo long to dry..
dude, I have NO IDEA why that crap took so long to dry, I was in shock when I woke up and the damn thing was still wet, it must filter like a beast because it wasn't about to let that water out without a fight :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to know I'm not the only one that's had this problem, takes forever to get the water out of those things, the best way I could think of was shaking it out, don't know whether that was actually helping or just redistributing the water...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.