Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
yada, yada
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I know everyone's tired of intake questions but just one more. I installed my intake this weekend but how do I know it's AEM and not just a knock off with AEM decal? Did anyone else have to bend the mounting bracket for proper fitment?

Thanks in advance.

·
Headlight Guy
6,773 Posts
Where did you get it from? I'm sure it is a real AEM intake if it has the decal on it. Most people trying to rip you off would not spend the extra time to put a fake decal on it when they could sell plenty no name knockoffs on ebay.

·
yada, yada
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
RSX-CT said:
Where did you get it from? I'm sure it is a real AEM intake if it has the decal on it. Most people trying to rip you off would not spend the extra time to put a fake decal on it when they could sell plenty no name knockoffs on ebay.
rpmmotoring on ebay :nervous:
They seem like a reputable company...it was the fitment that threw me off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ChadB said:
Guys,

I know everyone's tired of intake questions but just one more. I installed my intake this weekend but how do I know it's AEM and not just a knock off with AEM decal? Did anyone else have to bend the mounting bracket for proper fitment?

Thanks in advance.

I had it on before the V2, I rotate every once in awhile.

I had to bend my bracket too....

Welcome to the bracket bending club....

Ill be the president, you can be the vice president

Heres a wave ..... :wavey: <------------------

·
yada, yada
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dc5_SS said:
I had it on before the V2, I rotate every once in awhile.

I had to bend my bracket too....

Welcome to the bracket bending club....

Ill be the president, you can be the vice president

Heres a wave ..... :wavey: <------------------
lol...thanks for the reassurance. Dallas...no heat sheild with the AEM. Yes nice gains over the stock intake. The low-mid range gains are very impressive. And the sound is awesome...makes me want to live on the redline :driving:

·
FEED ME!!!
3,229 Posts
sorry to hijack ur thread but since this is about aem sri i might as well ask it here... i know someone that is willing to sell me his aem sri for $30 but the only problem is that its for the type s. what do i gotta do for it to fit on the base rsx?

·
Registered
24 Posts
GoTrSx56 said:
sorry to hijack ur thread but since this is about aem sri i might as well ask it here... i know someone that is willing to sell me his aem sri for $30 but the only problem is that its for the type s. what do i gotta do for it to fit on the base rsx?
I dont think it will work...... I highly doubt it

:wavey:

·
Registered
429 Posts
the TB on the two of them are different sizes I think so it wont fit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.