Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Base with attitude
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to this board and its probably been asked a million times, but i just got a base rsx auto which one would be better please help me out thanx

· Base with attitude
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
remix said:
The injen comes with a heatshield where as the AEM does not. It's a SRI when it comes down to it so it'll suffer from heatsoak regardless but having a heatshield as opposed to not having one... eh. :)

well wha if im getting the vis carbon fiber hood which will help me release more heat because of the vents because im goin for mainly show and just a little hp upgrades so i wanted a sri and thas wha my minds made up on so come on peeps please help me decide

· Registered
92 Posts
remix said:
The injen comes with a heatshield where as the AEM does not. It's a SRI when it comes down to it so it'll suffer from heatsoak regardless but having a heatshield as opposed to not having one... eh. :)
:iamwiths: the heat shield is there, but does it really work!? AHHHH NO...
I'm getting the Comptech Ice Box, I suggest the same, but at the end it's what you want, also do a search. :D

· Registered
740 Posts
Short ram designs are great, and in most cases better than cold-air. The problem with the RSX is that the engine bay gets so hot and the intake sucks up air coming off of the header which is bad. But shorter rams are generally better than long cold-air pipes. (But cold airs on the RSX are nearly the same length as short rams.)

The RSX is an unusual car.

· Registered
479 Posts
If you're only going for show, there's no point in getting a cold air intake because you can't really see the thing. As for performance, get a cai because it sucks in cold air (as name suggests).

Injen and AEM have similar gains in both sri and cai. Here's a link where Chris's did an intake shootout. Look for yourself to make your decision easier.

http://performance.clubrsx.com/intaketest.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.