Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a V2 a while back. the place I ordered it from made no mention of the type of transmission when I purchased it. It only said type-s or non-type-s. SO I got the one for the base..

I dont think this can be installed an an auto transmission which is what I have..correct?

not only that, but doesnt this install just like a standard cold air intake? not really what I wanted..

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
A quick check here would've helped....

If you can't return it, sell it here....V2s are a popular item....I'm sure there would be interest.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
what are u guys serious?! the intake for a 5spd. wont fit on a SS....dont flame me! but im just wondering...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I dont think theres enough info on the web (or this site) on this part to be honest. I havnt seen a single thread of an auto/trans owner having this V2 intake
I do know theres only one V2 intake for the base. Ive seen sites sell the same exact part number (24-6105) for manual trans only, for auto trans only and for all. Ive seen it being called a V2 cold air intake as well. Actually thats on my shipping slip and its more like a short ram than a cold air.

I think it can be used for all base models quite honestly after doing some research.

guess I'll find out cuz im gonna be attempting to install it this weekend.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
yea that sounds about right!...dont forget to tell us about the install and the aftermath..heh...i too am a owner of a bone stock rsx-ss owner and will be buying SRI soooooon...so tell us about it

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew! I just wrote these guys at AEM like 15 minutes ago and already a response. Great customer service..
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your fine.

Robert Green
Sales/Customer Service/Warranty/Tech.
Advanced Engine Management &
DC Sports
(310) 484-2322 Ext. 203
(310) 484-0152 Fax
www.aempower.com
www.dcsports.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 2:07 PM
To: Tech
Subject: V2 on RSX

I cant find this info and I just bought one and think I made a bad mistake.

Will the AEM V2 part # 24-6105 fit on an AUTO trans BASE RSX 2003?

Chris Szablewski

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yea, it will fit the base auto. I installed mine over Christmas. The most difficult part was taking out the stock airbox (pulling off the hoses and such)- very frustrating for someone with no experience working on cars. Don't tear them up, because you might need to use one again (I reused the smaller diameter one). Getting a wire crimper will help A LOT. The air intake sensor is way up towards the filter on the base. AEM provides a wire extension, but you have to cut the stock wire and splice it with the extension. Unless you've worked with splicing before, you might want to buy a couple extra of those plastic connectors before hand in case you mess up the ones they provide. They may have fixed this detail since I bought mine, though. Overall, it took about two hours to do it all (yes, i'm mechanically ignorant).

But..... It's awesome. Definitely a stronger pull than stock, and the sound is sick!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just ordered the V2 from clubrsx for my auto. Can't wait to get it on. I hope it will make a nice difference along with my exhaust and hondata.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have one aswell.. there are a good amount of posts about auto owners with the V2.. search.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
this may be totally off subject, but i have a rsx-ss and i want to get a cat-back, but then again i am reminded that i have a auto and that exhaust sounds weird with auto, now my q is, what are the deepest and quietest cat-back made?...i dont want one too loud since im auto, and if i do get a cat-back i will be driving SS all the time!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a DC Sports TCS. I love it. At cruising speed, it has a low deep drone, when you punch it has a deep rumbling sound- definitely not the bees in a coffee can sound. Call me crazy, but I don't listen to my radio much, I kinda like the sound of my intake+exhaust sound, esp. at WOT.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
thanks for the quick response....where and how much did u pay for ur exhaust? and u have a SS correct? and also was their alot of power diff after the install?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference in the V2 verison of the AEM CAI. I have an AEM CAI, how would I know if it is the V2?

·
Registered
129 Posts
DallasRSX said:
where and how much did u pay for ur exhaust? and u have a SS correct? and also was their alot of power diff after the install?

yes, i have a ss. http://www.adventon.com was the cheapest place I found, i believe it was a little over $600 (w/ shipping). A lot of power? No. However, you can tell a difference.

dialzero said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference in the V2 verison of the AEM CAI. I have an AEM CAI, how would I know if it is the V2?
V2 kinda looks (and fits) like a sri- It has a larger diameter and is longer. There is no cutting of the fenderwell or removal of bumper to install, like a cai. It also has a big AEM V2 sticker on it :D There have been a lot of threads on this, but I think the jest of it is that it's not a true cai, but it's better than a sri. cai>v2>sri

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the comptech exhaust on my auto and I love it. It has a nice deep tone to it. The tip looks almost stock and it is louder than stock under acceleration, but quiets down at crusing speed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
DallasRSX said:
this may be totally off subject, but i have a rsx-ss and i want to get a cat-back, but then again i am reminded that i have a auto and that exhaust sounds weird with auto, now my q is, what are the deepest and quietest cat-back made?...i dont want one too loud since im auto, and if i do get a cat-back i will be driving SS all the time!
I have a tanabe hyper medalion. Don't remember the price but around 500. It's has a very deep low tone. One major flaw would be the reasonator pipe hangs like an inch below your car. I scratch the pipe very often because my car is lowered too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey guys! i also own a SS and i plan on buying an intake soon. I was wondering. how did the V2s turn out on ur cars? Performance good? I hope it can add at least 8hp to our cars...but i dont know. Would be nice if someone posted up a dyno.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My V2 came yesterday and I installed it less than an hour. The only pain the ass is extending the AIT sensor, other than that it was an easy install. My first take on the V2 is that it added considerably more pull in 2-3 gears(SS mode) and really made the car get into the high rpm's alot quicker. I think this was a nice upgrade over the SRI that I did have. I also think that the V2 made the hondata flash that much better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts