Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought used AEM V2 Intake set in decent condition, but I have a doubt should I install used filter from the set, or buy new one. In the used one the outer rubber layer is going off (layer under looks ok).

What do you think?

Pics below (click to enlarge):

·
Registered
531 Posts
I wouldn't chance it. Just buy a new one off kseriesparts direct replacement one is like 50$. BTW it's a dry filter so you don't have to oil those ones like a k&n

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This post should be with hyperlinks and photos but it still waits for admin approval.

I am now thinking about AEM V2 I have bought...
(My Acura is K20Z1, 2006 Type-S)
When I look at it I cannot find anything similar in AEM RSX Type-S compliant intakes on AEM web page.
The closest one is 24-6105C
But when I open installation sheet, it says: 2002-2006 ACURA RSX - Excludes Type S

As I bought this item used and I cannot really give it back...
The question is:

Is it safe to install this Intake onto my 2006 Acura RSX Type-S K20Z1?
Previous owner successfully used this Intake on similar vehicle without any issues, but I prefer to ask people smarter than me, there might be things I don't consider like air pull capacity, etc etc
I hope I don't damage engine or other components by using it, do I?
:run:

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
So far as I know... if you can make it fit; it's fine to use.

The base and S models have the Intake Air Temp probe on the opposite sides from each other. The angle of the throttle body input may be slightly different angles. But I'm not sure about that.

So long as you can connect the wires/hoses and make a good connection without any leaks; you're good.

·
Registered
531 Posts
As long as everything is connected properly you'll have no issues. You'll love the sound of that intake, has a really nice growl to it under load

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks!
I will install V2, make some photos before and after and share here (if admin allows :D ).

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,186 Posts
'Tis very interesting! Especially because it has different resonances vs stock (? is that what was before? or an SRI?). But I bet besides the better midrange performance, you will be pulling cooler air in more regularly during daily driving. Well, maybe (forgot it was the V2 for a second)

But do you like how it sounds?! It's gotta be pretty gnarly during VTEC, especially if you reflash it to crossover in the the low-mid 4000's :thumbsup:. By the looks of your flash, I think you did!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before there was standard intake Comptech Sport, now it looks like this:

I don't see much HP improvement to be honest, but the sound.. Dear Lord! the sound is just amazing. :hb:

Before it was like one sonic boom over 6000rpm when VTEC kicks in; now there are two one around 4500rpm when V2 starts to resonate and then over 6000rpm when V2 adds in.
Now I wonder what was the point of installing MP3 audio if engine sounds much better!
I love it.

Apologize me, I am not native English speaker, what do you mean by: " especially if you reflash it to crossover in the the low-mid 4000's . By the looks of your flash, I think you did!" ?

·
Maximum Plaid FTW
722 Posts
The AEM V2 should perform similar to the stock intake after being heat soaked. I know it because I have one. The V2 does make the car sound meaner, but doesn't help that the modded car still moves just as slow as stock. LOL. But it does help with gas mileage though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I don't see much HP improvement to be honest, but the sound.. Dear Lord! the sound is just amazing. :hb:

Before it was like one sonic boom over 6000rpm when VTEC kicks in; now there are two one around 4500rpm when V2 starts to resonate and then over 6000rpm when V2 adds in.
Now I wonder what was the point of installing MP3 audio if engine sounds much better!
I love it.

Apologize me, I am not native English speaker, what do you mean by: " especially if you reflash it to crossover in the the low-mid 4000's . By the looks of your flash, I think you did!" ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately I cannot post with pictures as those posts are pending to be approved by admins :(

Before there was standard intake Comptech Sport.

I love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
of course I meant: now there are two one around 4500rpm when V2 starts to resonate and then over 6000rpm when VTEC adds in. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts