Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Nothing Comes close
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a AEM V2 intake for Base RSX and the previous owner threw away the installation instructions, so can anyone give me some instruction or can anyone give me a link to the installation guide? Thanks!

·
Retrofit Mechanic
1,633 Posts
Cool thanks, but is the intake for Type-S the same as the Base?

not quite sure if the type S will fit the base bcuz i know that the base v2 does not fit the typeS .. from experience, i was going to sell my v2(base) to my friend with an typeS .. but apparently, it didnt fit as good. and the hoses dont fit the in the right areas. Other than that, its a good intake for the base. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
not quite sure if the type S will fit the base bcuz i know that the base v2 does not fit the typeS .. from experience, i was going to sell my v2(base) to my friend with an typeS .. but apparently, it didnt fit as good. and the hoses dont fit the in the right areas. Other than that, its a good intake for the base. :thumbsup:
He means that the install is about the same?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
if you're talking about the process, its the same.

if you're talking about parts, no they are not. someone had that prob a while ago. they ordered a base sri, but the place accidently shipped a type-s sri (or the other way aorund). when he tried to fit it, it would not work

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
ya. in a year your gunna want a cai. i know i do.

·
Nothing Comes close
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the V2 that bad, from a base point of view? Isn't the gain from CAI differs with base? I wonder if anyone have dynoed to show the difference between the CAI and V2 on a base.

·
Garrett T3/T60-1...BOOST!
3,335 Posts
it is overpriced...

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,088 Posts
1. take v2 intake
2. find trash can
3. toss intake in trashcan
4. profit.
5. feel better about yourself
6. buy CAI
7. feel even better about yourself
8. Masterbate in car

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey man, im not sure if you successfully got the intake in or not, but... i got mine slightly used but it went in just fine in about 20 min.

the removal of the stock air box is pretty basic. remove the cover for the heat shield and TB. unbolt the intake hose from the engine bay at the front right. then loosen the C clamps on the TB and air box. pull off those lines and SAVE EVERYTHING. the remove the cover to the air box. there are 5 or 6 long bolts holding the cover on. take that off and remove the filter. get at the 2 or 3 bolts inside and pull the box out.

now there is a post comming off the transmission that a bolt for the oem air box screws to. there are three 10mm bolts holding it in. take off that post. you'll have to because thats where the cone for the V2 sits.

Put the Air Filter Cone on the intake before you start the install. its a pain in bthe ass to do when its in there. now take the V2 and connect it to the TB. the stock hoses that go to the valve cover that came off the stock air box can be left on because they'll slide directly back onto the V2 with the stock clamps. clamp the lines into place, clamp the rubber gasket to the TB and the V2. put the grommet in the hole for the O2 sensor, but BE CAREFUL WHEN PUTTING IN THE SENSOR. you dont want to push the grommet into the intake by accident. youll have to remove the whole thing to get it out and start again.

Check all your clamps and make sure you bolted the intake into the stock location right before the 90 degree angle heading to the cone. thats the only bolt down location. Start her up and let the world know what VTEC sounds like. ENJOY!!

·
Nothing Comes close
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I got a serious problem with my O2 sensor!!! I was installing it tonight and found the port for the O2 sensor to be close to the air filter area, but my 02 sensor is near the valve and there are no way I can extend the wire for the O2 sensor. So did I got the wrong intake? My car is'03 base and the guy I got it from has an '02 base model. Is there an extension that should have came with it? What should I do? Any suggestion? Thanks!

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Their is a diffrence in the type s and base intakes. The IAT sensor is located in a diffrent spot and shit.

5,021 Posts
i don't think you should extend the wire by cutting it and reattaching it with more wiring. my .02 from what i read in the past, a mechanical was working on some guy's rsx and did this extension (bobo style: cut&strip wire, and add more wire+electric tape). what happened was that it threw a CEL. just my bit fair of warning..

but yah, i too bought the wrong application intake for my base. on ebay, for a civic si 05 fujita SRI (stupid false info on the auction), i had the same sensor problem not being plugged at the right-side of the tube. what i did was drilled a new whole at the left and aluminum tape the original. don't bother trying to pull the wiring to try to reach over to the sensor hole because it won't reach. i already tried.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts