Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ClubRSX Chef
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this upgrading work well, or rather, does anyone have this set up?? With this application I plan to do the ecu upgrade. Pretty sure I don't need much for what I'm looking for after that. I find that many look for a header.....is that very necessary for the work I want to be done? Thanks for your help!

·
RSX Lover
1,793 Posts
This will work fine. As most will tell u, a cold air intake will make more power than the AEM V2 (short ram intake). AEM V2 u wont have to worry about hitting puddles tho. As far as the catback, it wont make u a lotta power. It would be better to spend the money on a race header or the Hondata reflash.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd be skeptical about getting Hondata reflash. Even though it gives good gaines, there's something about getting a new ECU that makes me uneasy.
Why?

It just seems as though the stock ECU is set the way it is for a reason.
Fuel economy mostly. A reflash isn't at all going to damage anything. Kpro if you mess too much and don't know what you're doing that's another story.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I'd be skeptical about getting Hondata reflash. Even though it gives good gaines, there's something about getting a new ECU that makes me uneasy. It just seems as though the stock ECU is set the way it is for a reason.
The stock ECU is tune for the car when it is stock....if you plan on adding aftermarket engine parts, you need to be able to tune the ECU to accept the modifications so that you can get the most out of your engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts