Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22,420 Posts
V2 will not be as good as CAI for performance. but it's way better than stock (like that's hard to do) buy a used one here. save yourself some moeny. lots of ppl are ditching since they ALL wanna go CAI. lamers shoulda done their homework and expected less :)

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
true, i know the gains will not be as good with the short ram intake vs the cold air intake, but I am not looking for super power right now... going to play out the warranty thing for a little while and dont want to be yankin the bumper quite yet... the short ram would be easy to take on and off if need be, while still giving me the gains i want till i go F/I...

· You'll say wow everytime.
4,071 Posts
As you know, I have an AEM short-ram on my 240sx and am very pleased with it. :thumbsup: Gives a great, deep sound and did pick up the power a bit, too.

In various intake debates I've read that most people also prefer the AEM filter itself over several others. I've seen a handful of people who'd buy an Injen intake but put the AEM filter on it, etc. The Apexi filter I think is about the only other one that I've seen as well-received as the AEM.

Anyway, that's my vote. :driving:

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kbumpers - send me a pic and a price... [email protected]

Summer, Your short ram is like 15ft long haha, i figured it was a CAI from looking at it :doh:

anyway, anything is better than the stocker, and like i said, i don't want to take off the bumper, cut splashguards / fenderwells, etc... just looking for a nice new toy for the car and figured I would get the best that met my requirements (Short ram)...

so is the V2 the best of them for what I am looking for??

· You'll say wow everytime.
4,071 Posts
Ha, not my fault Nissan decided the intake for the 240 needs to wrap around the front of the motor.... :p

Go AEM. You'll be happy. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.