Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

5,022 Posts
It will work but you might suffer some performance issues. I was going to test a V2 but didn't have the time to. In a nutshell: You won't see max gains from the V2 just get the CAI and be happy. Don't worry about hydrolocking. I am spraying water into my intake for a reason.

5,022 Posts
It's not the "true" water injection (ghetto W/I). All I did and played with different setups. I took the rear washer line and got a spray nozzle and tapped into the CAI filter. The reasoning behind that was the mist would cool the intake temp. That worked to a degree then I took Doug's off comment advice about spraying the exterior housing with water and it working to cool off. So I rigged up the same nozzle to spray across the housing. I use regular water, like Sparkletts or Palomar mountain type. It works better than the filter type I tried. Only other thing is Nitrous. I can get an NOS kit and port if for dry for $550 installed. Or get the AquaMist and run water/alcohol injection for the same price and forget about the refills at an N2O station.

5,022 Posts
Well, the S/C has the moulding for the OBD-1 sensor. But, do you realize the amount of pain and trouble that is involved in installing the sensor. Just ask [email protected] As far as temps, here in Southern California, it gets what? 90F max?! Few squirts of water from the washer system and good to go. No definite noticed temp drops but you get my drift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.