Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Base 2006 RSX, and I am looking for an affordable and good-quality turbo kit. If anyone could help me out on my journey to find one by linking some down below or by pointing me in the right direction that would be awesome!

·
Registered
2002 Acura RSX-S
4 Posts
Maybe you and Kevin.Branch can put your money together and buy one decent turbo kit to share. You can have it during the week and he gets it on weekends. Yeah?
Not looking to boost the hell out of it. Just supplement what it already has. Plan on blowing the engine up anyway

·
WILDCARD!
1,462 Posts
Well. Plan on dropping the 2JZ-GTE I got in the garage in its place with a custom AWD drive train
Okay. So why do you want to spend 2 grand on a turbo kit to destroy the original engine with before you swap it instead of just starting on the swap?

·
Registered
2002 Acura RSX-S
4 Posts
Okay. So why do you want to spend 2 grand on a turbo kit to destroy the original engine with before you swap it instead of just starting on the swap?
Well. Engines getting to the end of its lifespan and figured might as well send it out with a bang before swapping it out. To me it only seems right to give it one last hurrah before putting it to bed even if it's at the expense of a couple grand.

·
WILDCARD!
1,462 Posts
Well. Engines getting to the end of its lifespan and figured might as well send it out with a bang before swapping it out. To me it only seems right to give it one last hurrah before putting it to bed even if it's at the expense of a couple grand.
OR, you could pull the engine and tranny and put them up for sale. That way, someone gets a Type-S swap to build and you gain a grand or two instead of wasting a grand or two destroying a desirable swap that would definitely sell? But hey, I don't know anything about your life. Maybe you've got fat stacks of $100 bills sitting around and wasting 2 grand to destroy a motor for fun is of no consequence to you.

Either way, here's the thing... if you have the know-how to transplant an inline 6 Toyota motor in to a FWD Honda and convert said Honda to AWD, then I'm not sure why you're asking us about pre-built turbo kits. You're already a master-level technician that should know what parts will be required and can do the necessary fabrication.

Good luck with all that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
OR, you could pull the engine and tranny and put them up for sale. That way, someone gets a Type-S swap to build and you gain a grand or two instead of wasting a grand or two destroying a desirable swap that would definitely sell? But hey, I don't know anything about your life. Maybe you've got fat stacks of $100 bills sitting around and wasting 2 grand to destroy a motor for fun is of no consequence to you.

Either way, here's the thing... if you have the know-how to transplant an inline 6 Toyota motor in to a FWD Honda and convert said Honda to AWD, then I'm not sure why you're asking us about pre-built turbo kits. You're already a master-level technician that should know what parts will be required and can do the necessary fabrication.

Good luck with all that.
Dude is it me or has the RSX FB group and CRSX have had a surplus of new generation people that have no critical thinking skills? I know the public education system in the US is down the tubes since forever but this is nuts. Or maybe I'm just getting old. I blame these stimulus checks giving these people dreams of a turbo swap not knowing the amount of work and money that goes into it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Dude is it me or has the RSX FB group and CRSX have had a surplus of new generation people that have no critical thinking skills? I know the public education system in the US is down the tubes since forever but this is nuts. Or maybe I'm just getting old. I blame these stimulus checks giving these people dreams of a turbo swap not knowing the amount of work and money that goes into it.
It's a combination of entitlement and being dumb. We've gotten used to this feeling of instant gratification due to having smartphones in our pockets whether it's ordering something from Amazon, ordering food, swiping bitches on Tinder, etc etc. Kids are lazy as fuck these days.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's a combination of entitlement and being dumb. We've gotten used to this feeling of instant gratification due to having smartphones in our pockets whether it's ordering something from Amazon, ordering food, swiping bitches on Tinder, etc etc. Kids are lazy as fuck these days.
Its sad because people like this are buying up all the cheap RSXs and running them down to the ground literally and figuratively. Every other post I see on RSX Nation facebook group is either "What coilovers are best?" and "Will these 18" wheels fit my RSX?"

There should be an autoreply to these "What turbo should I get?" threads that say "Do you have Kpro and $5000?" because 99% of the time they aren't serious about turboing their car.

Reactions: mfarmakas17

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dude this generation now a days have completely ruined the car scene for us old farts ie 30-40 year old. They are destroying all last remaining decent rsx and they are just so damn entitled I don't get it. Am I the only one that feel this way who else is with me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts