Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this would be the cleanest look for someone wanting to install guages...Having the titanium color, the font, the lights and the needle match the factory guages? How difficult/expensive could this be to have made? I know there are legal ramification for stealing a Honda design, but that would be very original imo.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
closest normal ones i've seen are the autometer ultra-lites.... however they're backlit, instead of having the numbers shine through.

·
EvoDriva
1,809 Posts
i own those gauges in silver they match perfectly in the day light. but when the oil pressure gauge is on at night the red condom to change the light color is not as deep as the red in our gauge cluster.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i've seen some carbon fiber ones, look pretty good, prob wouldnt match, but jus another option.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
donmeca2020 said:
i own those gauges in silver they match perfectly in the day light. but when the oil pressure gauge is on at night the red condom to change the light color is not as deep as the red in our gauge cluster.
thats simple as getting a red bulb instead of the white with the red condom.

this is my old old thread on finding the right color.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53173

You want the left one, the lighting technologies ones. i just went into the local autozone and got some bulbs. tried them. and thats what worked :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
the only problem i found with those bulbs in the gauges is that they tend to get real hot and burn out real quick. Im guessing its due to teh 14.5 volts that my car typically runs at. Just swap out the bulbs with LEDs, thats what i did and it worked great.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
hmm...... mine have been in there since i through my pod in.

and they're on all the time. i'd go back to how you wired them. mine are wired in with the dimmer system. however, rather than use a live wire when the parking lights are on, i used a live wire when the acc is on..... meaning anytime the car is on, they're on.

it leaves a really cool halo effect at night before you totally turn your parking lights on.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i tapped into the light by the cupholders, it may draw to much power i never used a fuse in the line before the lights that was probably the problem. oh well i have leds now anyhow. cheaper they last longer and dont disapate heat.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well, you do realize the system is setup backwards, correct?

there is a constant live current in the system, but no ground. thats how you can dim your lights, you turn the knob and it adjusts the ground. :thumbsup:

·
EvoDriva
1,809 Posts
well, its too late to do that now im too lazy to go pull those bastards out the pods just to change a little bulb. there good as is might i add they were a bitch to install

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
where can you get the LED bulbs that will fit? I'm looking for something in my ultra-lites too, but I'm skeptikal about the lil cap deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts