Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I purchased some aftermarket Depo Headlights in 2018, they take H7 bulbs as opposed to the stock H1 bulb w/ the OEM headlights. From what I recall the H1 bulb didn't fit. The issue I'm having now is that the headlights are way too bright. So bright that people flash their lights at thinking I have my high beams on. I installed them myself. I did notice the beam goes very high and far, could it be that I just need to aim them down?

At this point, I'm ready to just buy another set of aftermarket lights but I don't know which ones are good. I'm not trying to spend $600 on OEM headlights because I'm getting rid of the car. Maybe take my car to a shop to have them aim them properly? IDK if that's the issue or not. Please help me.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You need to aim them. Don’t waste your money at the shop, it’s easy to do yourself. There’s a procedure posted in the thread below from the service manual.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to aim them. Don’t waste your money at the shop, it’s easy to do yourself. There’s a procedure posted in the thread below from the service manual.

Dang, I went and looked at the link. I've adjusted them before but I think adjusted the wrong screw. FML. 🤦‍♂️I probably messed something up.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I wouldn't worry, there's not much to these headlights. The other adjustment screw you may have played with sounds like the high beam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts