Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I drove out of Brooklyn, NY towards my friends house and I guess suburban cops have nothing better to do than to stay parked and look for cars with tinted windows. I got pulled over...he measured my tints...gave me a violation, said "pay it by mail" and left really quickly. So I begin reading through the ticket to see how much it will cost me and it doesn't say....? it just says Excess Tint...no price nothing. I always thought they make you remove them but since he said pay by mail I am guessing I just pay and thats it. In any case....anyone have any ideas about this? If anyone lives in NY or NYC please give me some information because I'm a bit lost. First ticket for tint for me.......they finally got me...:(

·
7,611 Posts
Sorry bout that dude, but it's the law!

Where I come from, the cops sit around (actually they cruise up and down the lakeshore or sit around) and chase black people down because they are black and send them across the border to Detroit.

They write tickets for the most minor equipment issues (cracked tailight, for example) to these poor people who obviously can't afford a new tailight - or much of anything for that matter.

Teach them to drive into our lily white ghetto!

Thank God I don't live there anymore.....

·
7,611 Posts
Ok,

I drove out of Brooklyn, NY towards my friends house and I guess suburban cops have nothing better to do than to stay parked and look for cars with tinted windows. I got pulled over...he measured my tints...gave me a violation, said "pay it by mail" and left really quickly. So I begin reading through the ticket to see how much it will cost me and it doesn't say....? it just says Excess Tint...no price nothing. I always thought they make you remove them but since he said pay by mail I am guessing I just pay and thats it. In any case....anyone have any ideas about this? If anyone lives in NY or NYC please give me some information because I'm a bit lost. First ticket for tint for me.......they finally got me...:(
Believe it or not, I got tagged (about 10 years ago) by State Police for tint. I had an all black car and I just couldn't resist tint all around (not including the windshield).

I removed it and have never tinted again, except for the hatch glass on my RSX.

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
Ok,

where were you driving??? LI or something??? haha brooklyn cops are too busy getting shot or something... never had an issue with mine, but then again have 35%..

how much are yours... if your are looking for info.. i would PM muevlonyc.. or some shit like that.. he is one of the mods for crsx.. also the mod for the North East section... he seems to know a great deal about ny laws..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where were you driving??? LI or something??? haha brooklyn cops are too busy getting shot or something... never had an issue with mine, but then again have 35%..

how much are yours... if your are looking for info.. i would PM muevlonyc.. or some shit like that.. he is one of the mods for crsx.. also the mod for the North East section... he seems to know a great deal about ny laws..
mine are 35s....35 is not legal...its ALMOST legal.

·
Lurker
34,690 Posts
Where I come from, the cops sit around (actually they cruise up and down the lakeshore or sit around) and chase black people down because they are black and send them across the border to Detroit.

I'm not racist but......................... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Ms. Claudia is a Whore
5,985 Posts
i recently got my 2nd tint ticket in 1 year... im pretty sure every state is different, but in NJ it is a $54 ticket and i just paid online. my ticket didn't have a price on it, too. when i went online it told me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If your windows are down, do the cops have the authority to make you raise up your windows? In Michigan anything on the back windows is legal, but nothing is legal on the fronts. So if I ever get pulled over can I just roll them down and then they have no way to measure?

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
If your windows are down, do the cops have the authority to make you raise up your windows? In Michigan anything on the back windows is legal, but nothing is legal on the fronts. So if I ever get pulled over can I just roll them down and then they have no way to measure?
pretty sure if they suspect they are tinted they can have you roll up the window

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
haha.. about more than 2 cops showing up.. it is really funny sometimes.. i was with my friend(hes a cop) and we werent doing shit.. just cruising around and he gets some report or whatever from his buddy.. we drive over there and theres like 6 cop cars around a car and i look to see who they pull over and its some old lady haha

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.