Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i came home and see a package sitting on my couch in the living room....its my 55w H11 ION Yellow fog light bulbs....these are gonna look great w/ my hid's...gonna put them in this morning.... :laughing:

p.s. i can change the foglights w/o having to remove the bumper right??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's a pic of the bulb

·
Honda4Ever
1,603 Posts
Yes boss, on the side of the fog light housing is two philips screws, remove those and the fog will come out.

BTW I finally got the 01 civic fogs, will be here monday. 95 shipped :) I am a happy camper. Thank you very very much for the advice.

·
700p LTR TWS .308
6,408 Posts
I just installed my superwhite yesterday and am very disappointed. They're still yellowish like stock, just not AS yellow as stock. Eh, it was 25 bucks. I guess now I have spare bulbs if they blow out.

·
Banned
822 Posts
XCLUSIV_1 said:
i came home and see a package sitting on my couch in the living room....its my 55w H11 ION Yellow fog light bulbs....these are gonna look great w/ my hid's...gonna put them in this morning.... :laughing:

p.s. i can change the foglights w/o having to remove the bumper right??? :dontknow:
They're gonna look stock......I've seen them on a friends.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:firemad: for all of you that have been waiting to hear how these 55w h11 ion yellow fogs look....they look WORSE THAN STOCK...stock looks a hell of a lot better and produce a better light output...the company that i puchased the fogs from mad a mistake...first they sent me 55w hyper white h11 bulbs and i called to tell them this...they were very apologetic and sent me out the correct order w/ in 2 days....i still have the hyper white ones so i'm gonna try those today... :dontknow:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HardWired71 said:
Yes boss, on the side of the fog light housing is two philips screws, remove those and the fog will come out.

BTW I finally got the 01 civic fogs, will be here monday. 95 shipped :) I am a happy camper. Thank you very very much for the advice.
hey tom....good find on the 01 civic fogs for $95 shipped...where did u order them from... they r gonna fit perfectly and probably look better than the rsx ones too... wanna buy a bullshit set of ion yellow fogs... (LOL)...i ordered them from supremepower.com...i wonder if the piaa ion bulbs will have the same display of output...i have a friend that purchased them from piaa for the fog lights in his projector headlights on his accord and they were yellow as shit...that what i was expecting...oh well....TRIAL & ERROR :nervous:

·
700p LTR TWS .308
6,408 Posts
These were aftermarket ones that we all got from a website mentioned that one of the admins deleted even though it was ok since the clubrsx store no longer sells H11's. Anyways, after driving with them on for over an hour, the "superwhites" actually did get white. Now its somewhat close to my HID, but it's slightly off. I guess the yellow halogens had to heat up and burn in some of the gas inside the bulb. I'll post pictures later

·
Honda4Ever
1,603 Posts
Kewl. Yea I got the bulbs from Clubrsx but never installed because the housing was cracked and one had a hole. Monday when the civic ones come in I'll throw them on. I have projectors but no HID (still considering because the light output is only eh with philips bluevisions). So it should match.

X - Did you say the lense on the civic one is stronger or should I 3M it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nightcrawler said:
Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly...Civic Si foglights fit the RSX?
i'm not sure if the civic si fogs are the same as the 01 civic coupe and sedan fogs, but if they r then it will work too....
tom...no need to 3m the fogs like muev said!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
XCLUSIV_1 said:
i'm not sure if the civic si fogs are the same as the 01 civic coupe and sedan fogs, but if they r then it will work too....
tom...no need to 3m the fogs like muev said!!! :thumbsup:
Hmmm...interesting. I always thought they might have because when I walked the Honda Dealership, I noticed they looked exactly alike and thought to myself..."Hmmm, I wonder if those will fit the RSX?"

Just the foglights will fit right? Not the black housing too?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.