Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
:)
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FINAL UPDATE([email protected](#&[email protected]!!!!
After draining the lines AGAIN, I put MORE fluid in and now they work fine... I guess there were a lot of bubbles? lol but good news now I have brakes :] :] :] (and they work better than before thanks to some new fluid :])

So today I took off my wheels to paint them again and SOMEHOW (I have NO Idea) the break line going to my front left caliper came a little loose. K so no big deal right? I tighten it up and it stops leaking. I replace the wheel and decide im hungry for some taco bell. I start going and come to a stop sign so I slowly apply the brakes, but NOTHING happens!! WTFFFFFF!!! I use my E-Brake and it still works fine.
K
so
I decide to go down to autozone (thinking I'm just almost out of break fluid) to get some break fluid (DOT3 btw)

I get it, when I pop open the master cylinder it turns out I don't need fluid... Hmm okay maybe I have some air in the line... I go home and drain the line (front left, the only one that was loose). I add the fluid, start up, but still no breaks... ianegubaeugb!! I need HELP NOW BEFORE I KILL MYSELF!!!!!

UPDATE: I went driving to get some more break fluid (HUGE container this time just incase) and I noticed that my front RIGHT brake engages when I push the pedal almost ALL the way to the floor, so I know now that it is only my left front brake fucking up. I am not 100% sure of how to drain the fluid from the actual rotor (or caliper I mean) , but I have some hose and a bottle, that's all I know haha.

·
:)
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The air bubbles could have migrated into another part of the system. Make sure everything is tight and bleed all 4 BRAKES.
I dont think I have enough time today and I dont have enough break fluid to drain all 4 and replace. I NEED to go to autozone again but I have workkkkk!i2893ht8haeg

geezuz.
I guess I will have to TRY to survive today and tomorrow and maybe even get a friend to drive me places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts