Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
93 octane, im not able to continue through the whole gear because once vtec hits i hit lean cut, i am getting almost ALL of my knocks when i ride steady at about 3000-3700 rpm in 3rd and 4th gear.

·
I lurk a lot.
759 Posts
HERE WE GO... NEW CAL View attachment 346540 .... new datalog with MAD LEAN CUT View attachment 346541 ... PLZ help me! I am trying to get this done so i can start my jrsc install. I just want my car running correctly before i go any further!
If you're hitting lean cut when you switch over to the high cam then you need to add more fuel to the high cam fuel maps.

Question: Why are you trying to adjust a map that will most probably have to change when you install the blower? Install the blower, load a base map, then adjust seems more logical.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because i have knocks and it is a daily driver, i understand it will be re-done but i will get a real tune for that. I just dont want to slap on 11 psi jrsc and my car be f'd even before i do that

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
While steady on the throttle, and normally between 2500-3500rpm, this usually is a sign that a valve lash adjustment needs to be performed.

Standard maintenance on the vehicle states to perform a valve lash adjustment at 110,000 miles, however generally its quite common to need adjustment earlier around 75,000 miles especially if you drive the car any more aggressive than a grandmother.

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Sorry, posted this after your addition of the above post.

Looks like your lean cut problems are in the 40 degree high cam fuel table, columns 8 and 9, from 4500 to 6500 rpm. You are running as high as 14.86 a/f when you should be around 13.2. If you look at the lambda overlay for the 40 degree high fuel table, it will show you where you need to add fuel, and about how much.

If it were me, I would about 6 % from 3000 to 5500, and 10 to 12% from 5575 to 6500 in columns 8 and 9 and see if the lean cut goes away. You will be a little rich but you can tune that down after solving the lean cut. You may then have to work on the 30 degree high cam, as you don't really get there because of the lean cut.

This datalog shows 18 knocks but are from before you started recording. would need to see a datalog where the knocks are recorded to help with that.

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Okay, not perfect but got rid of your lean cut. Good for you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how do the changes look? I just started doing this yesterday. I actually thought that my knock was just something rattling (all other vehicle knocks i have EVER heard aren't so faint)

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
For columns 8 and 9 you should be at 13.2 a/f, yours isn't bad. Those 2 columns are a bitch to tune.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.