Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
When the low side is reading 45-50 what's the high side reading ? Here's some standard indicators for automotive system temps and pressures. High side readings should be real close to 300. I'm sure the experts here will tell you something different. I changed the compressor on my 06, evacuated the system, recharged it, and it now blows 42 degrees from the vent. Honestly, in Az. I wish I could get it colder. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
When the low side is reading 45-50 what's the high side reading ? Here's some standard indicators for automotive system temps and pressures. High side readings should be real close to 300. I'm sure the experts here will tell you something different. I changed the compressor on my 06, evacuated the system, recharged it, and it now blows 42 degrees from the vent. Honestly, in Az. I wish I could get it colder. Hope this helps
Thanks for the help, i will head back to him tomorrow. I will have him set up the gauges again to verify pressures on the low and high sides. I wish i could get it a bit colder at idle, seems like its around 60deg while idle. Around the same as yours while in motion. Hope its not my condenser fan... Thanks again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Okay, I'm having a similar issue. My AC won't blow cold air at all. The compressor clutch will not engage so I can not add refrigerant. I tried to take the plug off of the evaporator, (the silver can in front of the battery, I think it's called the evaporator...) and when I jumped it nothing happens. If I use just one of the prongs on the plug, and ground it- the engine goes under load, the fans kick on, and I hear the relays kicking. However, the compressor clutch still does not kick in. What's my next move here? How can I force the clutch to engage??

·
Haole Boy
88 Posts
Start with running the climate control unit diagnostics. Instructions start on pg 21-8 of the Helm.
If only people just did this rather than ask question after question down threads. Eventually you can't answer them all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar issues. I have an 02 type s and my ac won't blow any cold air AT ALL. I checked my freon and it marks that it has good pressure. I can hear my compressor kick in and physically see it turn but it will not blow out cold air. I've already tried putting in a little more freon to see if maybe I have a bad gauge but it still won't work. So now I'm stuck without any ac.
I can hear it click on like if it trying to work but I don't hear it click off. Is it because it's trying to circulate the freon but can't? Or is it a different issue?
PLEASE HELP! I don't want to take it into a shop and come spending my whole pay check.

·
jhizzleEastCoast
8 Posts
Vicmed707...any luck with this. I am having the same issue. Diagnostic shows nothing, Freon level normal, clutch engaging...but warm air coming out. Even worse at stop lights??

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here... but make sure that the heater core valve (the thing that opens/closes to allow (heated) coolant to flow through the heater core) is working. I have seen other threads where the thing is stuck. Does your AC work on a cold start? That is... does it blow cold air before the engine warms up (and the thermostat opens)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
having the same problem i replaced the fan motor but still blows hot when its hot out but cold at night !!!! thinking about getting new compressor and clutch the belt and
Condenser i should be good after that right ???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey all, thought id revive this instead of starting a new thread, sorry if not allowed. purchased my 2004 RSX base about 2 months ago. been fixing lil things here and there and car drives great. on the A/C issue. when driving around town or on hiway at speed, the air will get warm and humid for a few minutes then cool back down. this happens constantly while the A/C is on and running. time of day doesn't matter and outside temp seems to not matter. just did a climate control diagnostic and neither of the lights blinked at all. I checked the Freon level with a can-top gauge (O'really type) and it was reading 60-70 Lbs on low side. yes I know when to check gauge and no I didn't add any Freon. from what ive been reading, that might be a lil high. should I remove some? compressor kicks on and everything seems normal other than the warm air cycling. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the SAME problem. AC runs cold for 10 minutes, then blows hot air for 10 minutes. Back and forth. Not too noticable when its 75 out, but hot as an oven when we hit 90.

Two bit shop can't figure it out; tried a simple recharge with no change. Compressor kicks on when it should. Relay already replaced. Im dying...of heat.. black on black car. SOS

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yikes, that sucks. I did notice that the main cooling fan is shot so ill be replacing that soon. the one for the A/C still works, for now. mine doesn't blow warm very long, 1-3 minutes, long enough to be noticeable. I also don't use the auto feature. would that component of the A/C system be causing it? is there a air temp sensor inside the cabin somewhere that feeds temp to a A/C brain so to speak for the auto feature?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the SAME problem. AC runs cold for 10 minutes, then blows hot air for 10 minutes. Back and forth. Not too noticable when its 75 out, but hot as an oven when we hit 90.

Two bit shop can't figure it out; tried a simple recharge with no change. Compressor kicks on when it should. Relay already replaced. Im dying...of heat.. black on black car. SOS
Did you do the DTC per the manual?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The real way to diagnose is to hook up an A/C manifold and see if the high and low side are equalizing. If all seems well, the thermal valve TXV or orifice may be stuck or clogged. So all will function for a short period of time. Just replaced one on the easiest car to work on--Hyundai sonata. There"s is located in the engine bay, not sure on RSX. That valve, pressure switch and condensor are the main components for function, the rest of the system is important for efficiency or sources of leaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No Im not using the auto feature. To the other two replies, I will habe to educate myself a little more as the terms are above my knowledge. It is much appreciated though. Why would the local shops have so much trouble? The manual has a point-to-point inspection outline; wouldn't they at least follow it? Not just... recharge it with dye and see what happs?

·
Been Around for a while
1,051 Posts
Hey all, thought id revive this instead of starting a new thread, sorry if not allowed. purchased my 2004 RSX base about 2 months ago. been fixing lil things here and there and car drives great. on the A/C issue. when driving around town or on hiway at speed, the air will get warm and humid for a few minutes then cool back down. this happens constantly while the A/C is on and running. time of day doesn't matter and outside temp seems to not matter. just did a climate control diagnostic and neither of the lights blinked at all. I checked the Freon level with a can-top gauge (O'really type) and it was reading 60-70 Lbs on low side. yes I know when to check gauge and no I didn't add any Freon. from what ive been reading, that might be a lil high. should I remove some? compressor kicks on and everything seems normal other than the warm air cycling. thanks in advance.
Do you have the steps for diagnostic? Mine blows cold in the garage and not under much load, took it to the river last weekend and it could not keep up, hot air..then cold air after turning it off for a couple of minutes OR by blasting heat for 10 seconds or so.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did the control panel diagnostics and it came back good (no blinking lights to count). i don't have a set of gauges to check pressures. going to replace the cooling fan motor tomorrow, hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
God guys, you saved me, I drove a car without air conditioning for a couple of days. My friend and I were in Arizona on business. You understand perfectly well that the temperature here is so high that you can cook eggs on the hood of your car. Well, as you can imagine, my friend and I were forced to stay in one small town for one day. For this we rented a room for a day. We fixed the air conditioner in the car in half a day, in the evening we were already free. My friend and I decided to order pizza and have dinner in the room. We are sitting, eating, watching TV, when suddenly a friend gives out a phrase so that I take a look at the air conditioner in the room. I thought he was just joking at me, because I was tired, but no, there was still a strange inscription on the air conditioner "help me!" ... I decided to get up to look, I realized that it was a sticker, I decided to peel it off and pick it up, but I was disappointed on the back was the address Chemical Aircon Overhaul Price, Reasons & Benefits | Marvellous Aircon Servicing Singapore. It was a sticker with a service, but my friend and I laughed at the situations, it looked like the air conditioner was asking for help.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts