Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking into air cylinders...does anyone have them or know the best kind? how is the ride?

-christine
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
grayy44 said:
i'm looking into air cylinders...does anyone have them or know the best kind? how is the ride?

-christine
:thumbsup:

There are a few peeps with air bags, and I had hydros, but I don't think anyone has air cylinders... atleast not that I am aware of. I will be getting the brisland mac air cylinders in a couple months. They are the best for our strut setup, but you will have to fabricate them to fit out struts; not a bolt on!

Do a search in the suspension forum...

·
Registered
383 Posts
there is a company that sells bolt on airbag struts for our car. If you have to make brackets for our car it is going to be hard because our suspension turns when we turn our steering wheel. I would go w/ bag struts the ride will be a little softer but you wont be able to hop or do anything as crazy like air struts will allow you to do. I think it is ricky racer the site used to be rickracer.com

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
ricky racer = aim industries / which is CRAP! Bag struts give you a nice ride, but are too soft and lean way too much. cylinders will give you that sports car feel like it should be.

As for our struts... You have to cut the top off, remove the shocks, and replace the shocks with cylinders... This will require custom sleeves to hold the cylinder into the strut, as well as custom upper mounts to allow the cylinder to both pivot and rotate like stock. Not cheap by any means, but can be done if you know what you are doing. I use to have hydros, which will work identical, so I already know how to fab them up to work properly with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts