Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what air fuel ratio should my rsx with greddy kit ( including greddy FMIC ) and a 3inch exhaust system should be running??? and how many degrees are you guys retarding and at what rpm range

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
AntonioS said:
At what air fuel ratio should my rsx with greddy kit ( including greddy FMIC ) and a 3inch exhaust system should be running??? and how many degrees are you guys retarding and at what rpm range
You should be at 11:1 or lower for safety, unless you have access to high octane gasoline at all time, and in that case you might be able to run a slightly leaner mixture, but that would raise you EGT.

In terms of timing, I have have been trying to get some information on that from some turbo RSX guys but they never responded. I have seen some Integra turbo tune maps and they run highly retarded timing, in the mid teens when boost comes on. If you are doing this alone, you might want to datalog your timing to get a good picture of what the ECU is doing. You also want to know your turbocharger's spooling characteristics as well. this helps you tune for the gradual onset of boost.

It's not easy, and if you don't have someone to take you through it you will mess up!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
AntonioS said:
Take your car to a dyno and tune it..Every car is a little different, I wouldn't rely on someone else's maps..

Your goal should be to keep ignition timing retard to a minimum..Hondas do best with optimal fuel tuning and minimal timing retard..

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
bluesiTYPER said:
Take your car to a dyno and tune it..Every car is a little different, I wouldn't rely on someone else's maps..

Your goal should be to keep ignition timing retard to a minimum..Hondas do best with optimal fuel tuning and minimal timing retard..
Unless you have 100 octane fuel and some very strong engine parts, you'll need to retard the timing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts