Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 rsx type s, skunk2 pro series intake manifold, dc headers, cai, hondata
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im new to this and would appreciate some help. I have an 04 rsx type s k20a2 with a skunk 2 pro series manifold, dc headers, stock cams, Cai, and a cheap cat back from Amazon. I cut my cat off and welded a pipe there so im not running any 02 sensors. I recently got hondata/kpro and chose a base map closest to what I have as far as manifold, headers and Cai even tho the brands were different on the prb then what I have. My air fuel ratio is clear out of wack, no matter what the rpm's are the ratio stays at 10.7 I know how to do a few things on the laptop but im not sure how to dail in the right a/f ratio, don't wanna make things worse. I personally think it's bc I have no 02 sensors. Can someone give me some advice on this I'd greatly appreciate it! Sorry ima nuub

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scott from Ohio btw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No both sensor locations were on the cat primary and secondary. It's not like it runs bad or anything, it idles smooth. I didn't know about the air/fuel ratio until I added kpro, I got the app on my phone too but no matter what rpm I'm at it stays at 10.7 which I'm sure isn't healthy. You think if I added the primary back on somehow would correct that?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Bruh, do you know anything about cars? The ECU needs the primary sensor to run the engine properly. It reads oxygen content in the exhaust stream and adjusts fuel injector pulse in order to keep it stoich. You need a primary sensor, yes even with Kpro. Your engine is running in open loop right now, which is why it's dumping fuel throughout the RPM range. You don't need to run a cat, but you need the primary sensor. Either weld an O2 sensor bung in that pipe, or buy a raceheader. If you think it runs smooth now, just imagine what it would be like if you had a primary sensor and a tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See that's what I thought, I got into an argument with someone that thinks he knows everything. With jeeps he knows his shi* but this clearly isn't a jeep. Idt he was grasping the fact that I cut my cat and both sensors where located there. With jeeps you cut the cat you still have your primary but not secondary but I kinda figured that but just wanted to be sure. I appreciate the feed back. Deff gna get that primary back on there. I'm sure it'll be a big difference with that done and a tune. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts