Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this hole in the huge carbon fiber intake duct the only place the motor pulls air from? Does anyone know why? (this is from todas sight by the way.)

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
YEs, not quite sure why, but more than likely it conforms to the flow characteristics of the rest of the intake. It also increases the velocity of incoming air and might be "tuned" to the rest of the intake based on Helmholts oscillation theory.

·
U Smell Clutch?
656 Posts
Hahah i thought someone photshopped that nsaty thing onto the engine. It might work but if i had that i would not be popping my hood at the car show.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hole is the size of a golf ball though...

-eric

·
Registered
73 Posts
That i believe is a TODA/Works prepared type-r engine. From what i gather, a lot of these race series require restrictors in the intake for scrutineering and to prevent unfair advantages....

Hence the golf ball sized intake. Road cars obviously don't need to fall in line with motorsport rules so we don't need one. THe blimp looks like a carbon fibre airbox for individual throttle bodies. V v expensive stuff....

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
That engine looks awesome... You guys should checkout the other engines they have on there. I didn't know that TODA did engine tuning for Ferrari.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
My guess is that small hole is the outer end of the intake. The intake could actually be a vacuum. Dont know thats my guess.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Loztboy said:
It might work but if i had that i would not be popping my hood at the car show.
What difference does it make from an RSX-S with CAI. Our motor with the CAI is ugly as fock with that big damn hole in it(IMO). You ever notice that ? I wouldnt pop my hood in a carshow either with a CAI. unless that big ass hole is covered up.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Stan Wan said:
That i believe is a TODA/Works prepared type-r engine. From what i gather, a lot of these race series require restrictors in the intake for scrutineering and to prevent unfair advantages....
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!....We have a winner! Tell him what he wins, Don!

Yes, it's a mandated maximum inlet size for that particular race motor. All engines in that class must run the same restricted inlet. It's a way the rules makers control horsepower. If you look at the inlet of most LMP cars, you can see two. If you look at the nose of this Panoz, you can just make out the two silver inlets.

·
I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS!
20,223 Posts
swazi said:
and another still

stick with your CAI my friend
exactly its the F3 motor and on todas website it says specificaly:

TODA RACING ENGINES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IN JAPAN AND ARE DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONAL RACING VEHICLES ONLY.

THESE ENGINES WILL NOT FIT YOUR STREET CAR.

heres is a biggger pic :D

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
I wouldnt mind having that sticking out the side of my fender lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts