Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if there were any aftermarket air vents for our cars, I managed to brake my drivers side one while removing it. I think a decent set of carbon fiber or even metal ones would be nice and wouldn't look quite as.....well cheap as the current flimsy plastic ones do. It also didn't help that it was nearly -35 celsius, although the car was pretty warm at least in the mid teens celsius. I don't mind paying for a replacement vent, but I would rather replace them all with something of a higher quality.

I would also like to know if anyone else has had this problem, or would like higher quality vents. I can't hook anything up, but hopefully someone who reads this post can do something.

Ragin

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does nobody agree with me that the RSX's air vents are a weak link in an otherwise beautiful interior?

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Ragin69er said:
Does nobody agree with me that the RSX's air vents are a weak link in an otherwise beautiful interior?
Nope

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Air vents don't really concern me, doesn't seem to be making the difference in cars really, Celica, a Ferrari, blah blah, 350z, a ford f-150 and so on seem to have these vent styles, it just seems normal these days..

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Ragin69er said:
I was curious if there were any aftermarket air vents for our cars, I managed to brake my drivers side one while removing it.
I don't think the engineers at Acura are all that worried about making an air vent that can resist the force of someone yanking on it. Last time I checked, most air vents are made of plastic...unless the car is old as dirt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would agree that air vents don't need to be overengineered to handle the force of someone yanking on them, but they should do an efficient job of directing the air in the intended direction, and not impede the air flow. Try removing a vent with the fan on full, compare that with before.....not only is there less noise, but the amount of air being moved is far greater, and the air's velocity is higher.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
ditto...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts