Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up This 05 type S VBP , 106k Miles. Clean title no accidents from the original owner it’s all stock and looks pretty well taken care of. It’s got some flaws, paint on the roof and rear spoiler is beaten from the sun. Slight clear coat burn on trunk , roof and hood. Just going for bolt ons and a reflash for now as I live in San Diego CA.

Mods:

Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit and flywheel
INJEN CAI
ITR 4-2-1 exhaust manifold / Header /w CAT
Invidia Q300 Cat back Exhaust
Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers
SPC Rear camber kit
Skunk 2 Billet Weighted Shift Knob
Innovative Motor Mounts - Passenger motor mount and driver trans mounts 60A , stock front and rear mount for now
K-Tuned Steel Oil Pan /w Magnetic drain plug
K-Tuned idle air assist delete kit
Password JDM rear wiper delete kit
Password JDM battery support
J’s Racing Engine Oil Cap
Pioneer AVH-NEX1300
(2) Kicker 10” subs
1000W Sony Xplode 2/1 channel Amp
4 Guage wire install kit
17x7 +42 WORK EMOTION CR-KAI in Matte Gunmetal
WORK Extended blue lug nuts
Also winter tires are Original 05 Type S rims yet to put winter tires on
Currently wrapped in BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2’s
Yakima Roof Rack /w Stretch Kit(removed /sold)
BWR Rear LCA’s
Progress 24MM rear sway bar
Progress rear Sway bar links
Progress Lower tie bar
Buddy club Roll Center Adjustable Front Lower Ball Joints
Hardrace LCA Bushings Front
Hardrace Reverse Tie-Rod Ends (Front )

car after wax, still much more to go

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nice car. I have the same problem with the clear coat on the roof and rear spoiler. Just needs a fresh coat of clear.

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,739 Posts
nice pick up!

never forget the first rsx i drove was a 05 vbp type s. wanted one so much but 18k at the dealership was out of my range. oh how times change.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a before pic. Not going to bother waxing it because it will go for paint in the next couple months. It’s just gonna be garage sitting while I tune up and wiper delete. I know I’ll go I/E/H after paint. Still trying to decide on what to do with the car.

Attachments

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good! I wished I had black interior.
Yeah I was really happy with how the car turned out.

Just did the spark plugs , old ones were pretty burnt, little Lucas fuel treatment , gonna change the transmission fluid tonight as well :)

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nice! I just got my 2006 RSX Type S in Jade Green Metallic, completely stock just had a CAI. Im going to do the fluids and stuff new month.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! I just got my 2006 RSX Type S in Jade Green Metallic, completely stock just had a CAI. Im going to do the fluids and stuff new month.
aww bro I just had an 06 JAde green it was so sexy I had a build on here and ended up selling it :( so sexy of a color! I’ll follow your build to see what u do

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What are you using for the headlight restore?
meguiars heavy duty headlight kit comes with 1000 and 3000 grit a drill polish pad and meguairs plastX polish do a little hand wet sand then hit it with the drill polish and then it has a headlight sealant

·
Registered
948 Posts
meguiars heavy duty headlight kit comes with 1000 and 3000 grit a drill polish pad and meguairs plastX polish do a little hand wet sand then hit it with the drill polish and then it has a headlight sealant
My headlights were pretty bad and I had to sand them down a lot.
Before and after pics. Took a few hours but worth it.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
little better pic of the wiper delete still need to scrape off some of the excess adhesive but it’s really clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 269 Posts