Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 269 Posts

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Your build was similar to mine. Looks great.

Thank you! It’s a slow build as we are trying to save for a house so unless I make some money in Vegas next week probably not a lot going on for a little bit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Been Around for a while
991 Posts
For the valve cover ? Or what , I’ve only done a rattle can job hunting n my last LS teg

Valve Cover, When we bought our first house and only house I drove my modified 986GSR and our mini van to acura and sold them. We had one POS car that we commuted with together.

Thankfully shortly after I got another job and was blessed enough to buy a 98 ITR.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Ok so I ordered an Exedy stage 1 organic clutch kit, got here just in time for Christmas. this will be the biggest job that I have tried
to do.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
If I didn’t have my homie I’m not sure I woulda even tried this job haha we got down to the pilot bearing and called it a night because no torque wrench.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #188 (Edited)
While the subframe was dropped I decided to throw on the steel Ktuned oil pan with the new gold hardware I ordered last year. Almost finished. Trans is bolted back up, Got the subframe back on, tomorrow should be rolling. Next weekend I’ll tackle the valve adjustment and do something with the valve cover!

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Very very nice!

Thanks it was a bitch to do on the floor honestly haha , no transmission jack , no lifts, nothing, we used a couple jack stands and a crate we found behind the shop and just man handled it down haha. Can’t wait to see the difference in shifting!!

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Ok so I checked all clearances and they were slightly over max allowances for both intake and exhaust so I tightened them all to spec. Sent the valve cover to my paint shop. Stoked to see how it comes out. New valve cover gasket , tube seals, pcv valve and hose , and gonna touch up hardware for valve cover

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
What are you thinking of doing with the VC? :shady:

I wanted to get it painted like S2000 spa yellow ... but I know he’s gonna try to make his own paint even if I tell him specifically what I want. I just hope it comes out at least close to what I want. Dropped it off this morning, he said he will get it done by tomorrow evening.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Ok so I wasn’t very happy with the quality of the paint as far as they didn’t really anything to prep it for paint. That being said , installed and the color came out I’m done with maintenance. I think. I might get my calipers painted tomorrow. And detail the car it’s dirty as F.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I like the look of the Acura spark plug cover , and I’ll probably just remove the vtec cover so can see the engine more. As for now I’m pretty happy with the car. I really need to save for a good paint job.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I’m thinking of getting these work lugs painted black or something I’m not a big fan of this light blue what you think

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Looks good man

Thank you, slowly it’s getting stuff done. The new clutch is NIGHT and DAY difference.. feeing my car actually pull into shifts instead of drag through them is amazing... so much more inspiration to put money in your car when it’s actually driving good

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Lots of car parts incoming !! Ordered Off kseriesparts : 24mm progress rear sway bar and gates radiator hose. Off marketplace on CRSX got a progress brace , and BWR rear LCA’s, And some non OEM window visors. :shady:
Tax season is here :money: and I’m looking to get some fog lights ( spaz DIY ftw) replace bulbs with some brighter ones. Need energy suspension bushings in front. Amongst other things. For now , here is window visors installed :lawl:

181 - 200 of 269 Posts