Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 269 Posts

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Progress 24mm rear sway combo with bar and endlinks , BWR LCA’s - picked up a comptech front strut bar, buddy club P-1 ball joints and HardRace Reverse tie rod ends. Also energy suspension front LCA bushings. Hope that’s enough to make my suspension feel better. Going to look at the front sway bar links while I’m down there. Lower the front a tad , go for alignment and look at some new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Well the buddyclub ball joints and hard race reverse tie rod ends are about another month to 6 weeks out for production :( going to wait to install everything at once.

I picked up 2 New BFG g-force sport comp 2 tires, had a freakin nail in the front tire, and I had a go with a focus ST in the rain and almost skidded to my death trying to stop in the rain with these summer tires.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Well the buddyclub ball joints and hard race reverse tie rod ends are about another month to 6 weeks out for production :( going to wait to install everything at once.

I picked up 2 New BFG g-force sport comp 2 tires, had a freakin nail in the front tire, and I had a go with a focus ST in the rain and almost skidded to my death trying to stop in the rain with these summer tires.

I used the 04-08 TSX Balljoints and they are just as tall as the buddyclubs', Napa Sankei 555 (45 a side), all the JDM goodness for less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the tie rod ends, money is better spent elsewhere. Meaning that, that model will only provide you a better tie rod angle. If youre only looking for that and dont need the extra threads for adjustment (like most lowered cars do) i suggest getting a "Female rod end bearing"/"Heim Joint" which go for about 7-10 a piece and whatever a bolt/nut/flange combo cost (maybe like another 5-10).

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Thanks for the info. I will look into that. But for now as I don’t plan on making my car any faster or doing much other upgrades the suspension is my main focus right now. I do plan on lowering the car a little bit more. I’ve already ordered the parts and I did it with affirm. Right now I don’t have any plans to do anything crazy I’m just DD’ing the car. Want to get this suspension feeling better. Then I can get the ride height where I want it and get an alignment. After that it’s mostly just cosmetic stuff interior exterior and AC / Lighting , speakers and subs. One day I’ll move out of CA and then I can actually go forced induction.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #206 (Edited)
Nah, but I did get a couple hundred bucks from insurance :fukers: everything installed though , even managed to get a couple coats of primer over the subframe and everything around it make it nice and flat black .
don’t judge my bad spray painting skills

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Man you been really busy with that car.. shit i wish i had some good weather, or a garage to work in. :thumbsup:
Thank you! Yeah I haven’t done anything for a while and I finally got this suspension work done. I talked to someone that said energy suspension bushings are not worth installing to go hardrace. So I’m going to get a shop press 20 ton from harbor freight and do it myself

Bro if you really wanted it you would go get some pvc piping and some plastic and some blankets and make a greenhouse-garage all for the low cost of like $40-50 at homedepot Lowe’s and be tinkering. I would lose my mind if I had “winters”

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
As windy as it is today, it would end up in the next county... :rotfl:

Car fever is rough my woman doesn’t let me do anything for my car cuz we’re saving money so I have to sneakily get stuff done

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good news, while we were slightly above freezing today, and a nice sunny day,
the car got warm from the sun, so i checked my washer pump to see if the motor was out, or just ice in the line, WOO HOO !!!, it started working today, so no need to change my pump. Texas people just don't know how to prep for winter... :laughat:

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Lol that’s what’s up. Hey also Incase you don’t have access to parts, we have tons of junkyards pretty close to me I can pull parts for just about anyone and ship them easily through my business.

On a second note , the progress setup is so amazing, possibly the best thing I’ve done to my car yet. I literally feel like I’m driving a go kart now. There is virtually no roll through turns, I HIGHLY recommend it. I just did a pull from a stop on to the blvd into traffic and :gawd: it felt like I was drifting into traffic ( in a good way ) as the car was pulling into the turn at almost maximum potential

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Lol that’s what’s up. Hey also Incase you don’t have access to parts, we have tons of junkyards pretty close to me I can pull parts for just about anyone and ship them easily through my business.

On a second note , the progress setup is so amazing, possibly the best thing I’ve done to my car yet. I literally feel like I’m driving a go kart now. There is virtually no roll through turns, I HIGHLY recommend it. I just did a pull from a stop on to the blvd into traffic and :gawd: it felt like I was drifting into traffic ( in a good way ) as the car was pulling into the turn at almost maximum potential

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #216 (Edited)
Would you know where to find the intake cover sticker for my car, i would like to refresh it, it's getting a little worn.

View attachment 548717

The vtec sticker for the intake manifold? Not sure, I guess the Acura dealer, or find a good used one. Your looks pretty good to begin with. Unless there’s something I can’t see. I got an extra one in pretty good condition

·
Registered
100 Posts
The vtec sticker for the intake manifold? Not sure, I guess the Acura dealer, or find a good used one. Your looks pretty good to begin with. Unless there’s something I can’t see. I got an extra one in pretty good condition

I'll have a talk with the Acura dealer this spring when i pay them a visit.
Yeah it's not what i would call bad, but it's has some wear, and have searched high and low on google / ebay, and everything in between, and no luck.. found every other sticker for the car though.. lol

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)

20 ton shop press , engine hoist, transmission jack and a brand new Daytona super duty low profile jack and new jack stands. Got about $1000 in new tools and 2 new tool boxes the shop is ready for some serious work. I will be starting paint prep soon! Should be funny to watch

My weekend was filled with a engine swap and a transmission swap here’s some fun pics of my sketchy ass engine tie down in the van, and me lifting this heavy ass trans into the van by my self almost hernia , the seat is stuck and wouldn’t come out so I had to lift it over the seat on to some cardboard LoL

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #220

Get to change my ball joints this weekend and see how that feels. Took over 2 months to get. Still waiting on hardrace reverse tie rods. About to place order for hardrace bushings :)

201 - 220 of 269 Posts