Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Engine bay looks good! I like the blue/red/yellow color scheme.

Thanks! I need to do some major clean up in the engine bay. As soon as my warehouse frees up space ... gonna rip the front end apart take the radiator out and get to doing some real clean up. Got a lot of suspension parts I haven’t installed, got my new steering wheel to put in, have my new headlamp bulbs to put in, ac compressor is going in , gates radiator hose is goin in , buddyclub ball joints , Hardrace reverse tie rods, lower the ride height. Waiting for Hardrace lower control arm bushings. I really need to make time to do all this... starting school on Monday 17th... -_- 3 classes for summer. Sooo idk I think I can take the sprinter ( train ) there is a pickup and drop off like 300ft from my shop and goes almost straight to campus so it would be the perfect time to dump my car on jack stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got that Skunk2 shift knob for mine, but i pulled it off my Civic when i sold it.
I paid a hefty price for it, and i'm not letting it go. Love the feel, and it's very heavy.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Yeah I love the shift knob. Well, the crx I bought last week took all my project time before school. Got a lot done on it. Made a booboo here and there. Left the oil filter off like an idiot after I did all this work ... leaked out all my oil. Had to do a big clean up, put the filter back on , verified that I actually put the oil pan gasket back on successfully. Timing belt looked brand new. New plugs, new valve cover gasket kit, trans fluid , new washers, new radiator hoses, valvoline 5-30 maxlife and Genuine Honda oil filter, new air intake filter. New hardware. Tomorrow taking it to get exhaust pipe welded back on that I cut to do the oil pan.
next will be looking at brakes, suspension, found a passenger tail light and it’s in the mail , gonna get it Smogged , tags, wax it and take it to car wash power wash. Super happy with this purchase. Trying my best to keep it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Forgot to put the oil filter on..... lol
I bet that was one big fucking mess to clean up.
I guess you found a new way to flush the oil system. :fistbump: :rotfl:

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
finally got the car transferred over to me off non-op. Got it to the muffler shop. Welded the pipe back in. They were able to get all the exhaust hardware off and replace with new hardware!! Today I drove it up to my house from the muffler shop. It started to over heat. Lower radiator hose needs replaced, needs new thermostat and gasket, need to diagnose fan see if it’s turning on or not. ( this thing is taking all my free time) started school this week. Books cost like 422$ ... so lame. Haha. Tomorrow off to Honda dealer to order some more parts. I’ll probably dig around and see what else I can order first. Oh I also got a new tire put on the original rim. So wax and new pics coming tomorrow. New shop vacuum I got is kicking ass! Cleaned up the interior pretty well. Now for seat removal and interior deep clean too.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #250 (Edited)

Yay Honda parts. I think the thermostat was rusted shut or something ... either way new thermostat , gasket , belts, and window molding plastic ( couldn’t believe was still available !!)

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
This is the last you will see of this crx as it’s time to let her go. I paid off my Honda Accord to finish the Loan early, paid off my credit cards, and have been focusing on getting my credit in line. In turn I still have my paintball gear and AC machine to pay off (3k by November or I get a heavy penalty cuz I used a same as cash option on PayPal credit, bastards!) so here it is
it was fun, but have buyers lined up to come buy it ! Anyways I will be able to get back to my RSX :) damn Hardrace bushings have been on order since March. I really don’t want to do anything until there in , as I will change almost all the suspension components once they arrive.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
that was a clean CRX!
congrats on paying off the debt

Thanks!! If I’m lucky maybe no one will buy it :) I really thought about selling the RSX to make this my real project car. I have never done an engine swap, and this seems like it would have been the most fun car to do it. After all I have the space and equipment , just not the funds :(

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #256

So it’s been over 5 months since I ordered the Hardrace LCA bushings. They finally arrived. Go the buddy club extended RCA ball joints , hard race LCA bushings, Reverse tie rod ends, and hotchkis front sway bar links installed. Lowered front about another inch , don’t want to worry too much about bumps and dips cuz they are crazy over here. Alignment in a week or so. Will report back on how the change feels.

·
Registered
22 Posts

So it’s been over 5 months since I ordered the Hardrace LCA bushings. They finally arrived. Go the buddy club extended RCA ball joints , hard race LCA bushings, Reverse tie rod ends, and hotchkis front sway bar links installed. Lowered front about another inch , don’t want to worry too much about bumps and dips cuz they are crazy over here. Alignment in a week or so. Will report back on how the change feels.

Nice! Yea I was thinking of replacing most the bushings.. I was wondering if i was going to try it on my own or just pay y'all.. hahha

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Just cruise to the shop and do the work yourself and you can use the 20 ton press. Bring beer and ...... :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just cruise to the shop and do the work yourself and you can use the 20 ton press. Bring beer and ...... :D

hahah i dunno i got traumatized on bushing after it took all day to do my friends 350z last month.

But we'll see. Soon enough.. hahha and you know me ill bring the goodies when i drop by.

Hopefully we can all have a little meet one of these days. need more motivation to fix my car. hah

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I had to have my buddy take my control arms to his shop and torch them out with a big shop torch. The angle at which it need to be pressed out can’t be done with a 20ton for one side of it. I would do the same if I were you. Other than that the rest of it went pretty easy

241 - 260 of 269 Posts