Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I took a sawzall and made a slot in the bushing so it pushed put pretty easy. A press works, but it takes so long and frustration to line it all up. The cut method with a hammer and socket knocked it right out.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I took a sawzall and made a slot in the bushing so it pushed put pretty easy. A press works, but it takes so long and frustration to line it all up. The cut method with a hammer and socket knocked it right out.

I have specialized rings meant for pressing out different diameter bushings and stuff from years of saving parts to efficiently use a shop press. But uhh, yeah shop torch is end all beat all. We have a guy who’s so skilled with a torch he can literally adjust the torch to hit exactly what he needs to and smack it off :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have specialized rings meant for pressing out different diameter bushings and stuff from years of saving parts to efficiently use a shop press. But uhh, yeah shop torch is end all beat all. We have a guy who’s so skilled with a torch he can literally adjust the torch to hit exactly what he needs to and smack it off :)

No skill here, I just got it so the rubber melted out of the center so I could get the saw in.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
*Update*
suspension is night and day difference!! Final alignment was done and it is sweeeeet !! All the suspension work definitely was worth it. If you get coilovers, definitely replace any worn suspension components to get the maximum benefit. I have no bump steer, I had no sloppiness , everything is nice and tight , cornering feels good. I got the ride height dropped down too right before the alignment I’ll post a pic tomorrow!! :giggity:

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #265

I had the bro truck stance going for too long ( my front end was way higher than rear)
This is as low as I would like to be(thank god) I hit this disgusting pothole in a busted ass parking lot that would have destroyed me if I was any lower. I won’t be touching my suspension for a long time. Time to install my minty steering wheel I picked up :) however I do believe some 10mm wheel spacers are in order

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Getting ready for iHeartHonda at Fontana Speedway on Oct 20th. If anyone wants to roll
Let’s link up in the morning and shootout. It’s presented by Spoon Sports and there will be lots of cool spoon sports giveaways, free stuff, limited edition swag, etc. just a heads up.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
that's plenty low enough... I never slammed mine either cause driving it sucks.

Right? Now I’m finally focusing on getting the car dressed up. I believe some retrofits are in order , and full repaint is in motion. Got a killer deal from my local body shop $3500 with all bodywork that it needs.

Just put in a little order to kseriesparts for some 10mm spacers for the rear, a set of sparco pedal covers, some all weather Rsx mats and a new Honda spark plug cover ( I just ordered one and all the hardware came loose and it flopped around in my engine bay, scratched up my freshly painted valve cover, super bummed haha) so new hardware and new cover. Also going to get a mini audio upgrade just some new speakers and tweeters cuz my original ones are blown out. If everything comes in I’ll be installing Saturday night and off to spoon sports iHeartHonda festival Sunday! Woooot

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
showing up with my shit box to iHeartHonda like got a couple little things in the mail.

261 - 269 of 269 Posts