61 - 80 of 269 Posts

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

·
Registered
812 Posts
I doubt that dent will impede performance much if at all. Maybe make cylinders 1 & 4 run a little hot. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

·
Been Around for a while
991 Posts
What kind of gains are you guys hoping to see with the ITR header? Visually it should pass fine right or is it missing cat or ?

Fuse doesn't look ugly, I connected mine to the loom that is going on the side of the fuze box

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
What kind of gains are you guys hoping to see with the ITR header? Visually it should pass fine right or is it missing cat or ?

Fuse doesn't look ugly, I connected mine to the loom that is going on the side of the fuze box
yeah i will zip tie it to make it look like its on the same path. I have the cat and everything. CA laws suck. as far as gains, probably not a whole lot, but with CAI, the header and exhaust, its probably gonna feel and sound a lot better. I have been watching the sound clips of Q300 with CAI ... sounds great. Im not gonna track or race , this will be my DD/TOY.

i have an 07' Black Chevy Avalanche and a White 2014 Honda Accord EX-L too. I love all my cars :) but the RSX will get most of my money and attention

·
Registered
812 Posts
There isn’t really a clear answer to this since the people that posted dyno sheets used a hosting service that is no longer working. There was a thread I saw recently where someone said that the ITR header made 7 hp less than a DC race header.

As for visual inspection, you will pass for sure if you have the heat shields. Might pass without too, but I’m not sure. The cat is part of the 2-1 section. Just gotta pop your O2 sensor in there and make sure the codes are set when you go for smog.

·
Registered
948 Posts
There isn’t really a clear answer to this since the people that posted dyno sheets used a hosting service that is no longer working. There was a thread I saw recently where someone said that the ITR header made 7 hp less than a DC race header.

As for visual inspection, you will pass for sure if you have the heat shields. Might pass without too, but I’m not sure. The cat is part of the 2-1 section. Just gotta pop your O2 sensor in there and make sure the codes are set when you go for smog.
Any race header will make more power over the ITR exhaust manifold due to the fact that it is catted. It looks factory enough so most techs will pass you for the smog inspection. I think the gains for me 'felt' minimal.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
got my car smogged today... was a long process as the computer freshly reset. Tomorrow i get paid. Gonna finish registering the car and will order a couple of things for the install. Hit the dealer and grab some more stuff , shift boot, couple quarts MTF, couple gaskets for ITR exh. Etc , my cord for my 1000w amp comes in tomorrow , can finish my system install. The q300 won’t be in until the 27th though. But in the mean time I’m gonna do everything else. We’ll see what else I can come up with too.maybe re tint the rear winshield 🙂

·
Registered
812 Posts
Any race header will make more power over the ITR exhaust manifold due to the fact that it is catted. It looks factory enough so most techs will pass you for the smog inspection. I think the gains for me 'felt' minimal.
I think that goes without saying lol.
Is it just the cat though? Seems like raceheaders might have longer primaries as well(based on how they merge).

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
well... gonna call it a day. Had a friend helping me at the shop we were ripping down everything to do the motor mounts and CAI , Apparently he’s not very mechanically inclined , I told him to set the jack under engine oil pan and raise it to support the engine and... there goes a bent oil pan... jeezus. So I ordered a ktuned steel oil pan with magnetic drain plug and hardware. I also got my O2 extension , PW JDM wiper delete kit, and all my other parts ordered at Honda for the ITR header and exhaust install, also MTF and a shift boot. Ordered a missing hose from INJEN. Happy birthday to me ( Next month ). All my parts should be in before April. I’m waiting for some tools to be returned also so I can finish install of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
it’s really hard to tell but the corner closest to me if your looking at the pan from the front of the car the closest driver side of the pan looks like it raised slightly higher than it’s supposed to be.. I might be over dramatic it may be fine but I saw that sucker move like an inch and I couldn’t tell if the whole engine just flexed or if the pan got kinda bent so... idk just ordered a new one...

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
:) I can always take this aluminum one off straighten it and put it on eBay for 180$... I’m sure some one will buy it

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Very , very , long, stressful day.
motor mounts installed passenger side and driver side trans mount.
also, broke the idle assist port at the plastic nipple :( did a rigged up little seal on it. It’s crap. gonna order the plug kit.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
today all my gaskets arrived for the ITR header install, and also my exhaust is in. So I will be installing everything and then changing my transmission fluid.

61 - 80 of 269 Posts