Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 269 Posts

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Speaker is definitely cooked it won’t even move gonna have to watch some videos and do surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I live in California mayn it never gets hotter than like 80* Haha. The weighted knob feels great. I ordered some cheap ass suede shift boot probably from China. $10.00. I plan on re-doing the boot myself soon. I was bored and ordered some junk. My car is not perfect either it has almost more tiny scratches and imperfections than I can stand. But when it’s clean and from 4+ ft away it’s hard to even notice. Tomorrow I’ll be finding the tool to use the tap to clean the threads on my IAA thermos valve. I contacted Ktuned and they sent me a free kit for what happend. They were super nice, customer/tech support is awesome. I’ll be installing the steel oil pan and flush coolant, and also adjust sway bar and figure out why my exhaust is banging on something at start up. Yes I read all the Q300 threads about it.

·
Been Around for a while
991 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I roll in Temecula so def hotter than 80. Good to know about Ktuned. I saw on the forum where someone was looking for an oil pan.

My car on the outside looks Terrible. And this is partially on purpose as a detractor or a better way of saying it might be "less of an attraction"

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
cheap $10.00 boot off eBay. They claimed it was suede. Surprise half of it was leather. Made it impossible to fit.
the locking nut didn’t allow enough threads for the knob to spin down enough. The boots metal ring was really deep. It’s robbery they can even claim figment for an RSX. I measured the threads on the boot vs OEM. Not even a match. The new boot was shorter in heights and rounder in diameter. I had to cut the boot myself and try to rig it in. Horrible hour of time spent. But I conquered it. It looks nasty. But for now it will do. Hopefully I’ll get a locking nut that’s shorter so I can fit the knob on and not have the boot sag down even more. Anyways , just temporary. Will eventually buy a boot that fits

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Oh and the stitching on one side of the boot was not even red it was folded over and left stitchless. Very sad and disappointed with this. Get what you pay for

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
How did u delete the rear wiper

And how do u change the shift boot, help a brother out lol

There’s a diy on the site I believe. You take rear hatch plastics off and remove your wiper motor assembly and then unscrew the wiper. I bought the password Jdm kit I recommend it. Also about the shift boot ... you literally open your cup holder and pull up on the panel, twist your shift knob off first and the boot and the plastic around it comes out. Then you literally pull your shift boot out of the staples and it comes out. Videos on you tube and diy on site.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same! My steering wheel is in better condition than yours, just fading a bit so I may try some black leather dye to restore it before I attempt to purchase a new cover and do the install.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Same! My steering wheel is in better condition than yours, just fading a bit so I may try some black leather dye to restore it before I attempt to purchase a new cover and do the install.

I wonder if you can order the leather replacement material from the dealer :) I might call and ask

·
Been Around for a while
991 Posts
Redline goods is where I got and some others on this forum have purchased the shift boot.
Good quality

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Redline goods is where I got and some others on this forum have purchased the shift boot.
Good quality

Nice. Hopefully the steering wheel reupholster kits are good quality as well. If I ever decide to go that route

101 - 120 of 269 Posts