2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went with zzyzx's recommendations:

Camber Front = -1.5
Camber Rear = -.75
Toe front = 1/32nd toe out
Toe Rear = 1/32nd toe in
Caster = as much positive caster as you can get...

I had the shop do the alignment and also install front camber bolts (i figured to let them do it since i was getting an alignment)

they charged me $185, the guy said it took him two and a half hours to complete-

i got it done on monday, and i drove all day on tuesday-

the car almost does the same "pulling" as it did before, pulling to the right- i still notice i am holding the wheel to keep the car straight, even on flat straight roads-

sometimes, I can get it to coast straight- but it usually always pulls to the right.

should i complain? or maybe try and figure out what is causing this?

i havnt checked tire pressure, the same shop did up a new set of tires for me as well, and the tread is new.

could possibly having my coilover sleaves set not at the exact same height cause the pull? (i tried to set all 4 as evenly as possible before the alignment)

the guy who completed the sale told me "the guy who did the work, works on race cars- he doesnt mess around"

does it not matter how oem spec vs. an agressive spec alignment-- should the car still coast pretty straight either way?

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i plan to call them back shortly and complain-

one thing i want to know is- when a shop does an alignment, should they be equally concerned that the car drives straight compared to getting all the specs correct?

is the fact that my car doesnt drive straight mean that they did a bad alignment?

or is getting the car to drive straight more of a personal preference- but it wont be bad or the car/ tires?

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ even though i gave them those exact specs on paper?

you dont think they are gonna be like "well thats what you wanted"

i wonder why zzyzx recommended this if the camber is so different front to back-

this is what the actual readings came out to be:

left front:
camber: -1.5
toe: -.03
caster: 1.5

right front:
camber: -1,5
toe: 0.00
caster: 1.5

left rear:
camber: -0.6
toe: -0.00

right rear
camber: -0.7
toe: .03

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Just because you gave them spec's doesnt mean they matched them.

What did the print out they give you say?

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some of the specs i posted above..

but here is the sheet-

do you think the specs arent "on point" enough?

i didnt want to call them until i heard what you have to say

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
and with the above you have to turn the steering wheel to go straight?

You may simply be dealing with the crown of the road, assuming its just a slight drift. or it could be bushing compliance.

Either way, the alignment looks good.

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
Crown of the road, rutting in the pavement, tire pressure not being equal, lots of things besides an alignment can cause a pull. A bad tire that has a lot of run out or w/e that needs to be replaced. Anything that will cause one side to have more rolling resistance compared to the other will do the same thing as a bad alignment.

I.E. My sister had a real bad tire that had to be replaced (belts or something inside were coming apart, no visual exterior clues) and the alignment was fine but it always pulled. Put on a new set of tires since those were getting worn out and that one had to be replaced anyways and problem went away.

I found out that one tire was "bad" because the wheel balancer said it had a lot of run out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know what kind of suspension you are running, but when your steering wheel is not sitting straight, it is usually either your allighnment or something in your front suspension like your strut or spring.
You should take your car back to get another allighnment (for FREE) and if it still has the same problem, then you may want to check your struts. Jack the car up and check for any leak.
Your camber and toe numbers looked okay to me.

·
Just getting by
151 Posts
I would switch the front and rear tires and see if it still pulls. Another car of mine pulled even after the alignment and it turned out to be a belt shifting inside the tire. Once I changed out the tires - the problem went away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts