Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a weird situation, that might make some of u think I am stupid. Maybe not here goes. My car Makes a hard right turn if i let the steering go. Checked the tire pressure, same Problem. Went to get an alignment, and the service man said i really did need an alignment bad so got it done. drove out same problem. Took it to the same person again, he did it again, just to be sure same problem. Hard right turn, But sometimes it drove straight? So i decide to pay attentions to the times it drove straight and the times it didnt. After like a week of testing and re testing, I realized that When i make a right Turn, the car developes the problem of a hard right, and when i make a left turn, the problem is corrected till I need to make a right turn again. Sounds pretty dumb I know but i am dead serious. I was thinkin something is wrong with the rim so i am going to try switching the front to the back tommorow. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? I dont want to go to the repair shop and having him bs me of all the things i need corrected. So a point in the right area would really help .. thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had stock suspension, 03 base manual, I recently got springs installed, eibach, however the problem existed before the mod.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,233 Posts
Sound like something is shifting position when you turn right and then correcting when you shift left. Could be loose sub-frame, worn ball joints or tie rod end, top strut mount worn or loose.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes.. kinda like a real bad alighment.. but the and the stearing kinda turns that direction too. so I know its not the alighment, also it drives straight after left turn. The alignment shop said i should try switching teh rims around as one might be crooked or bent. WIll try that later on tonight. Cant seem to find a repair shop that will give me a free estimate.. They want to charge me there regular labor fees just to look.. And out of experience all car repair shops are crooks specially in the small town i live in. THere gonna sit there for two hours give me a 150 dollar bill way before i even get started on the parts and repair costs so im trying to narrow things down.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
you most likely have something loose. you can check this for yourself pretty easily. Make sure all the bushings in the front end are good, not torn or cracked. Move the tire side to side and up and down to see if you have any play in the ball joints or wheel bearing. Check both your inner and outer tie rod ends for play, and also check the rack bushing to make sure that the rack isnt moving back and forth.

If you took it to a shop, you should take it back and make them find the problem. If there really is a problem, no descent tech would align the car without test driving it afterward and realizing something was wrong. The shop owes you a free estimate for wasting you time already.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I asked because I'm not sure If we are experiencing the same thing but a couple weeks ago I pushed the gas as I made a turn then straightened out and let go of the wheel for a second and the car went quickly to the right. It's happened a couple more times as well...

I think I may just need an alignment, though. My think my boyfriend mentioned to me that the car seems to be pulling to the righ when he drives it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts