Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, feel free to send me the link to the other forums if this has already been answered but I’m going to go a little deep with this question so bare with me please.
I just bought my rsx about a month and a half ago, and this is my first time every modifying a car. My first modification I wanted to do was lowering the car. As I know a lot of you guys don’t care for lowering your car a lot I genuinely like the way it looks.
So I bought some raceland ultimos (I know they’re trash but I’m 19 and couldn’t afford the BC kind) and had my buddy give me a hand installing them. All went well and the car was lowered and I started with 4 inches lowered just to see what it would look like then I was going to raise it up an inch all around. So I raised it up and then scheduled an alignment at 2 different places. Both said they couldn’t do it because it was so low and there wasn’t enough thread on the tie rod ends to adjust the front toe therefore the car is screeching in the front. I found a shop that offered to invert my tie rod ends so I’d have enough thread to fix the the toe in the front and then complete the full alignment so it’s drivable again. Is this a good way to go about it and will this fix my issue of having the front tires screeching? And if they can’t do it for whatever reason, what should I do to fix this issue? Also, I have adjustable upper control arms in the rear therefore the main issue is my front end. Thanks for any suggestions or information about this.

·
Registered
2002 RSX Type-S
9 Posts
So you lowered it 3" all the way around? You need to look into Front & Rear camber kit so they can properly re-align your car. If the rear is within acceptable range could just get camber kit for the front.

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX
5 Posts
So I learned in my 4 years of owning my RSX is that the car in general does not like any type of non-stock suspension lol. I personally have coil overs that lowered my car 3-4 inches and for some reason when I had Raceland (they are a good brand, it's just the car itself) they always gave me an issue. However they do have a lifetime warranty so it was a plus. The only thing that really helped a little was getting a camber kit like the other person said, and try to avoid as many shitty roads as possible. Welcome to owning a Honda 😅

·
Registered
5 Posts
410 Honda- Sounds like you’ve got a rear camber kit now (adjustable upper arm @ rear) so, you need a front kit.

FWIW, you should watch the guys in alignment shop do your car. I’ve had some artists align my car but, also (found later, to my horror) one guy didn’t get the Right/Left thread operation of my rear camber kit and totally stripped it (the Al fitting was in pieces ) A few days later I began a planned brake job and noticed they had epoxied the prices in with the bolt to fix it. I did have a clue that something was bad when they called to tell me it was going to take longer and cost more because the adjusters had seized. I should have called BS right then b/c I always use moly assembly lube on everything, esp Al x Steel connx.

Another time, I found (different shop) several of the bolts that clamped front camber assembly had been stripped.

Those shops will never see me again. I have trouble finding a shop that will do a custom alignment (at variance to oem spec.) I have been told to find a race shop and then be ready to pay 3-4x normal $. So, that happened right away… NOT!!!

Good luck. BTW The Skunk camber kit is a solid product IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts