Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
integra vtec
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TORRANCE, Calif. - 02/10/2008
Acura announced today it will debut the all-new 2009 Acura TSX sports sedan at the 2008 New York International Auto Show and released an exterior photo of the new model. Scheduled to go on-sale in the spring, the 2009 Acura TSX will be the second generation of Acura's popular entry level sedan and feature numerous advancements in performance, styling, technology and safety.
"The new 2009 TSX speaks clearly to the direction we are taking our Acura sedans in the future," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president auto sales, "The TSX is a significant step in the advancement of our sedan lineup and the continued enhancement of the Acura brand."
Acura unveiled the new 2009 RL at the Chicago Auto Show last week and also announced the company will introduce an-all new TL performance luxury sedan later this year.
The 2009 Acura TSX will be introduced during the New York International Auto Show media days which occur on March 19th and 20th.

Attachments

·
GS...yes plz
3,204 Posts
:eek:

same horrible new grill acura is plastering on all their new vehicles.

:thumbsdow:

·
28,750 Posts
Honestly, as much cock as Acura sucks, this didn't come out nearly as bad as I was expecting (I'm sure that's a designers dream - to be not as bad as expected). It could've stolen design elements from cheap cars like the RL did.

I like the wheel arches, the headlights, etc. The grill is ugly but better than the RL since it actually lines up with the headlights, and the bumper is wonky but overall the car looks a lot more muscular. Lets just hope it actually IS more muscular...

I'm shitting bricks over the thought of a new TL. That was one of my favourite car designs, I don't see how the creators of the RL and the ASC can make that look better, which means it'll get the douchey grill and look like crap.

·
del
7,360 Posts
The rear on the Euro Accord looks sooo good... The rest of the car looks pretty good too, imo. Yeah, the grille's a bit weird, but I think the front of the car as a whole functions better than the RL does, for sure. It's got nice sharp, clean lines. You were right about it looking heavier, though hopefully it isn't too much heavier.

Significantly wider and slightly lower, the styling adopts a more emotional, sporty motif. The ‘sharp-edged’ design, with pronounced muscular wheelarches that emphasize the car’s wider track, gives the Accord a distinctive, strong stance with a solid, planted feel.
The mirrors look a little big, like truck mirrors. ...Maybe it's just that angle. I really hope the TSX doesn't get the Euro Accord wagon's taillights... those look pretty bad. As a whole I think it was a pretty decent redesign, look-wise, but what I really want is a mean engine in the car. They may have made a brilliant decision with the diesel, but still I want a turbocharged k-series.

·
Bad Boy
15 Posts
"The Euro Accord will be offered with three high-tech engines, all of which are compliant with stricter Euro 5 emissions regulations. The first is the second-gen i-DTEC diesel producing around 148 horsepower and 258 pound feet of torque at just 2,000 rpm. This will be the same motor that Honda introduces as its first diesel for the U.S. market in the Acura TSX, and we can't wait. Europeans also get their choice of a 2.0L i-VTEC producing 154 horsepower and a 2.4L four-cylinder producing nearly 200 hp and 172 foot pounds of torque."

Will the US version get the same engine? I was hoping the 2.4 would put out at least 220.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
^^^ you beat me to it...

i lke the interior alot better but those engine options are weak

·
i aint even mad!
3,391 Posts
are all 09 models gonna have that ugly grill??? that grill is juts god awful!!!!!!!!!

·
DJMax
7,557 Posts
The Acura TSX is the same vehicle as the European Honda Accord, which the Japanese automaker recently previewed in wagon form. As previously reported, the 2009 TSX will also be available with a new 2.2L i-DETC four-cylinder diesel option.

Power for the base TSX is expected to come from a 2.4L i-VTEC four-cylinder — rated in the 220 to 230 horsepower range — driving the front wheels via a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic.

The new TSX/Euro Accord will be based on the Accord Tourer Concept revealed last year.

Look for Acura to offer a Type-S model of the TSX. Power is said to come from the turbocharged engine found in the Acura RDX — tuned to 260 horsepower — and will be connect to a six-speed manual or a DSG gearbox. But unlikely the base TSX, the Type-S is expected to use Honda's Super Handling All Wheel Drive.

The TSX should start production by the end of 2008.
The old engines are getting a bump in power.

·
Registered
528 Posts
has the chunky profile of the new altima
i bet that grille will blind oncoming motorists on a sunny day :eek:

1 - 20 of 149 Posts