Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· cracker jack box driver
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my car sat around for a while and has all this funky shit on it and i washed it with a basic mitt and soap. that didnt cut it. my friend has mothers aluminum rim polish crap but i figured before i did anything i would seek club rsx for some help. please help.
brandon

· I need a new job!
25 Posts
wash your wheels with dawn or palmolive. it does a nice job of cleaning off grease and the like but is still fairly gentle. start with this, if it doesn't work, move up to something more powerful, like castol super clean

· Registered
543 Posts
have you tried claybar?

· Registered
331 Posts
It almost looks like pitting in the picture. Kind of like how road salt eats at rims. Hopefully it is just something on them oppsoed to pitting. Does it look like the top coat flecking off, or just something on it? Look closley. If its pitting, you may be out of luck on a cheap fix. Perhaps a corosive material got onto them.

4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dunno it doesnt seem to come off i used some fantastic orange all purpose cleaner and it didnt want to come off so i guess ill try the mothers cleaner and if that doesnt work i dont know i mean the car is goin into the body shop to get the rear qtr panel fixed but i dont really have money to pay to get them fixed what do u guys think i should do?? im thinkin try my best to fix it myself and when that doesnt work i guess trash the rims right??? i dunno this sucks 750 worth of damage to my qtr panel and now my rims are beat after just getting them in october.

4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea my clay will be here tomorrow hopefully along with some other products that i ordered from autopia.com... and honestly i dont think they can get any worse cause all 4 rims are like that. :(

· Registered
1 Posts
Oh my god! I have the same crap on my rims!

I tried real hard to get rid of it but no dice... :-(

I tried scrubbing with a brush, Eagle One, Fantastik, scrubbing some more, this shit did NOT want to come off.

blazinrsx329, please let us know if the claybar did the trick...

-- RSXB

· i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
tnrsxs said:
It almost looks like pitting in the picture. Kind of like how road salt eats at rims. Hopefully it is just something on them oppsoed to pitting. Does it look like the top coat flecking off, or just something on it? Look closley. If its pitting, you may be out of luck on a cheap fix. Perhaps a corosive material got onto them.
Yeah, it looks that way to me as well...like it is permanent damage. That happened to my dad's rims on his Blazer. This type of stuff happens to rims that have been uncared for for an extended period of time.

To me it looks like damage as opposed to surface residue. Keep us posted and good luck.

4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
clay didnt do shit nothing budges the stuff i dunno do u think that konig might do something about it if i send em in but that sucks too cause i dont have another set of rims to throw on till they come back

4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the car sat outside during winter but i didnt really drive it in the snow or anything so... and ill try all those other things do u think i would be able to powder coat over them or something like that for a cheap way out. i would really like to sell/trade them for some rotas with azenis.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.