Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bowchickabowwow !!!
152,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i saw a decent sized puddle (maybe 4 inches deep) but i had to go through it, people would have ran into me from behind, so i went through it in neutral, then after, my car revved up to about 3k and then died. i then cranked it, and had to give it some gas to start, but it did start, and i got to a more dry land, and kept revving it, and a crapload of smoke came out the exhaust, and ever since then, my car's been idling like crazy, it fluctuates between 1k and 2k. (ex. vroooom, vrooooom, vroooooom.... lol).

the codes i pulled are
P0507 idle control system - rpm high
P2279 intake air system leak

i've already
-changed my oil, the oil came out smooth, no muddy oil whatsoever.
-checked the idle air control valve, it was clean, only a little black residue in there, which i cleaned out already
-let everything dry overnight, took off the cold air intake and everything
-reset ecu

any other ideas? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
I dont think it was the puddle....

however ive ran through some serious puddles well above my sideskirts....in flooded areas....(yea its not cool)

and the car didnt skip a beat

but....lemme think

·
Registered
19 Posts
WHAT THE HELL??? 4 inches can hydrolock your car????? that is crazy......wow....4 inches is not deep at all and that can hydro lock? lol..i'm seriously going to look over the alternatives to a intake before buying a cai

are u sure it was 4? and not like...10? lol i hope its 10 cuz cai is bad ass:iptf:

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
well usually an idle that goes from 1-2 is a vacuum leak, provided you've got a code for it to id start with that.

·
Bowchickabowwow !!!
152,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh by the way, thanks for your inputs everyone. i fixed the problem. the idle air control valve was dirty as hell, and there was also some water in the sensor that connects to the IACV. i cleaned the IACV with carb cleaner, blow dried it for about 10 minutes, moving the rotating assembly in there the whole time, and i got all the water out of the sensor connecting to the IACV.. continued to put everything back on, and problem solved!

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
i'd check your valves. if water touched anything really hot, things could have warped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts